AKG K701 Comfort
Jul 28, 2006 at 1:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

HiFiRE

100+ Head-Fier
My K701's are killing the top of my head. I have a shaved head and I can see an indentation in the top of my head where the nub connects with my head. I have a big head but the headphones can get bigger. Will those retractible tension lines become less strong? Any tips for making these phones more comfortable? I'm having to move the headband around on my head for long listens.

Jul 28, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #2 of 12
I've occasionally experienced the same thing (though my hair's not shaved).

You should have better comfort if you use a rubber band as a shimmy to keep the torsion bar from falliing down with its full weight; just wrap it around the sliding bar. You can experiment with different pressures this way.

Personally, I rotate the cups back slightly so it conforms to my head shape better, but this may not work for you.

Jul 28, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinali
You should have better comfort if you use a rubber band as a shimmy to keep the torsion bar from falliing down with its full weight; just wrap it around the sliding bar.

I will try this, thanks!

Jul 28, 2006 at 5:23 PM Post #5 of 12
They tend to pain the top of my head too but I try repositioning the cups to alleviate some of the hurt.

Shaved head and K701s huh? :lol:

Aug 9, 2006 at 1:32 PM Post #8 of 12
For the record, after some more hours wearing the k701's, they're more comfortable now. Maybe my head got harder or maybe the headband softened up. I no longer need the twist ties. These were really a pain to break in
basshead.gif

Aug 9, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #9 of 12
I use tie wraps as well but if I like them after burn in, those elastics are coming off or I upgrade to zip ties
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back