AKG K701/2 cable upgrade.......Does dual entry make a difference?
Nov 2, 2009 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

mr.khali

500+ Head-Fier
I had the K701's for a short time and decided to part with them for monetary reasons. I am thinking of getting another pair and re-cabling them. For this reason I am thinking of getting the K702 this time which makes it easy to get another cable later. My question is does a re-cable on these headphones really help if it enters through only one side and the inner wiring is not changed? Dual entry seems to make more sense but would like to hear if anyone has heard the difference and if it is worth concern.

Nov 3, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #6 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.khali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the input guys. So you are hearing a noticeable improvement with your re-cable Acix?

Yes.
k701smile.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #12 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashirgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please, don't... That guy does not expect anything but confirmation and ecstatic praises of re-cabling. Consider it a waste of time.

I am a believer of re-cabling as I have already stated. I didn't start the thread for confirmation on that. I have never heard a re-cabled AKG but they do make a difference on Sennheiser in my experience. A huge improvement on the HD 25. It is worth the effort for me to see if the AKG K701/2 improves the same way.

Nov 3, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.khali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am a believer of re-cabling as I have already stated. I didn't start the thread for confirmation on that. I have never heard a re-cabled AKG but they do make a difference on Sennheiser in my experience. A huge improvement on the HD 25. It is worth the effort for me to see if the AKG K701/2 improves the same way.

Fair enough, but I just did not get the message from the first post.

In my opinion, the plausibility of any difference dramatically increases with a thorough re-cabling of the headphones, removing all the "weak links".

Nov 3, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #15 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashirgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fair enough, but I just did not get the message from the first post.

In my opinion, the plausibility of any difference dramatically increases with a thorough re-cabling of the headphones, removing all the "weak links".

If by "weak links" you mean the inner wiring of the headphone I would think that would make a difference too. That is what I wanted to find out by this thread. I probably wasn't clear enough. With Sennheiser the cable goes right into each driver it seems with little wiring to travel through but this is all just guesswork on my part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back