AKG K551 vs Beyerdynamic DT770s vs Philips Fidelio L1s.
Apr 30, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 6
DT770s will have more bass emphasis and slightly recessed mids in comparison to the K550s. Both have good subbass extension (i.e. play deep when needed). If you consider yourself more of a basshead, then the DT770s might be the better choice. If not, then perhaps the K550s.

I have no experience with the L1s.

May 1, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #4 of 6
K551s are essentially the same as the K550s but with remote control and mic (you might consider the K550s instead if they are cheaper). I think the K550s are very durable. And see this recent quote from the AKG K550 discussion thread (great place to learn more):

Again, very glad I could help, it has taken me a long time to decide on what gear I like and want. You brought up a good point, though, which is the design of the headphone. They are beautiful, extremely comfortable, and built like tanks. I throw these into my backpack every day and they still look brand new after a couple months. They are really comfortable for long listening sessions and they don't make you look totally ridiculous.

May 1, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #6 of 6
If you are looking for a deal, Harman Kardon apparently sometimes has refurbished K550s for sale (can't remember if it's on their website or ebay).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back