AKG K550 vs Some others (denon d2000, akg k271, ultrasone edition 8, shure 940, shure 840, beyer dt770.....)
May 3, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #166 of 174
Nice price on the T70

May 3, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #167 of 174
Quote:

In depth, yes, a lot more.
In width and length, no.

So the volume of space of the Alpha pads is theoretically more, but when the result is a lot of leather crammed to your ears, it's still not that comfortable.
A bit like the Sony XB700 I had (the pads, not the sound).

But I can live with the Alpha pads, because they improve the sound of my modded T50RP.

I guess comfort is as subjective as sound. So be it.

Fair Enough.

About the t70 though - I though the going price for these was £400. $285 dollars is a big discount!!

May 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #171 of 174
Quote:
Anyone able to comment on how the K550 compares to the Audio Technica A900x?  I have been trying to decide between the two.

I haven't heard the a900x in ideal conditions for any length of time, so I couldn't really say. I'd be surprised if it was better.

Quote:
Hey guys i have a question if anyone can answer.

I want to buy the Akg K550 for gaming, are there any other headphones in this thread that would be better?

The k550 is great for gaming with it's imaging capabilities. The d7000 is better all round though, as is the ultrasone signature pro which both have more wider soundstages making the k550 soundstage appear to lack depth. The akg's need a burn in for the bass to come through

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #172 of 174
Hi! I'm wondering if the k550 can be used while wearing glasses if properly adjusted. I've read a few reviewers saying that these loses a huge amount of bass while wearing glasses making them pretty unusable but I'm unsure if they tried to adjust them correctly as the OP mentioned.

It would be great if any owner could do a simple test with their glasses/sunglasses and share the experience.
Even if the looses bass, could it be corrected with the EQ? ( sorry if it's too dumb to ask, I'm fairly new around here :) )

Thanks!

Apr 6, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #173 of 174
I use glasses. I don't think I can hear any bass change with glasses. I did bend the head-band a bit tighter though. After an hour I begin to feel the ear-pieces too much. I have to take the glasses off for a little while before putting them back again. That is the only disadvantage for me.

May 11, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #174 of 174
Has anyone compared AKGK550 with Grado SR325is and its twins brother Alessandro MS2i?
I'm very interested to know the sound signature between them in term of sound stage, separation, detail and bass.
Please share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back