AKG k518 DJ vs LE vs Ath m50
Jul 22, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #3 of 9
Hmmm...one thing I can say is that...m50 is not bassy....so...

Jul 22, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
Hey anybody can give me someadvice, which is better? Akg k518 dj ? Akg k518 le? Or Ath m50? Forthis one i like the bassy headphone. Offcourse overall good too..

ath m50s win, Why?
1. They sound better (but you should get a decent amp, at least a fiio e6)

2.They are MUCH more durable, the 518s are a little flimsy

3.They are more comfy

The only con is that they cost twice the amount of the akg 518le

The 518le are still great for the price, but be careful because they are fragile

If you are looking for a portable headphone get the akgs though.
Quote:
Hmmm...one thing I can say is that...m50 is not bassy....so...

Actually there are very bassy, and all you need is an equalizer and an amp, in fact you can get a ridiculous amount of bass (more so than beats),

Jul 22, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 9
The M50s do have a good amount of bass. Very punchy and crisp. I haven't heard the K518's so I can't say for certain, but I believe AKG's in general are fairly light in bass, less than the M50s. Still, even the M50s won't satisfy bassheads so you might want to look elsewhere if bass if your thing.

Jul 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
Actually there are very bassy, and all you need is an equalizer and an amp, in fact you can get a ridiculous amount of bass (more so than beats),

With amp and EQ, I hv not tried...just tried stock...i must go check them out again :) Tks for the sharing...

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #8 of 9
the DJ is the model previous to the LE (just a model / branding change).  some of the colors are different/updated.  but I have heard they are actually the same and sound identical.  since the DJs are new old stock they cost a lot less for the same phone.  the DJs are a great deal eight now.  the red ones can be had for 39 dollars on Amazon.

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #9 of 9
the DJ is the model previous to the LE (just a model / branding change).  some of the colors are different/updated.  but I have heard they are actually the same and sound identical.  since the DJs are new old stock they cost a lot less for the same phone.  the DJs are a great deal eight now.  the red ones can be had for 39 dollars on Amazon.
Seriously guys? 39 dollars? In my country, it is almost 100 dollars! Wew this is robbery.. Hey btw i heard the cable of Le and Dj different? DJ hv longer cable. Is it make a difference or no in producing sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back