AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Nov 21, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #61 of 1,152
Quote:
You're wrong. The ones you see in the images are the most you will ever see on the 267. The dotted piece is part of the headband, along with the thick padding and such. The cups retract and expand from there - meaning that you'll never see more dots than that. This picture explains better.

You can see that the cup can be pulled in and out from below the dotted piece, rather than the dotted piece being pulled in and out of the headband.

Correct.

Nov 21, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #62 of 1,152
Found them locally, and I WANT THEM.

http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/over-ear-headphones/akg-k-267-by-tiesto-reference-headphones

I have k550s, sold my q701 recently awaiting the k702 anniversary to become cheaper and might pick up these, I feel like Im turning into an AKG fan boy.

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #64 of 1,152
I might return my M-100 to get these. I've been pretty mad about the M-100s lately because they're failing the durability test (already two damaged pieces on my unit for no good reason), and they fit my ears very poorly. It's a shame because they sound so good and the fact that I was one of the early supporters, but they really just don't work for me.

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #65 of 1,152
Quote:
I might return my M-100 to get these. I've been pretty mad about the M-100s lately because they're failing the durability test (already two damaged pieces on my unit for no good reason), and they fit my ears very poorly. It's a shame because they sound so good and the fact that I was one of the early supporters, but they really just don't work for me.

I was in the same exact boat, managed to sell mine locally for $320, so I only lost $75 on the "test run." Try to sell yours asap before the new orders are released - ... is what I'd usually say. But since yours are damaged, can you still sell them?

Either way, the K267 is the #1 headphone on my list right now, especially with the glowing praise of its younger brother, the 167. It has everything the M-100 had and more, so I'm excited for it.

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #66 of 1,152
I actually really like the silver dots. It adds just enough style without being gaudy, imo.
I'm still undecided on if I will get the 267 or 167 but I think I have finally settled on one of the two.

I have gone through so many "this is my next set," moments the last 2 weeks only to have not bought anything and had even more, "of I didn't know about those. I should research them and see if they meet my needs," moments.

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #67 of 1,152
Also, that pic posted above of the 267 shows a corded cable. I thought only the 167 came with that and the 267 came with a straight cable.

I am a HUGE corded cable fan. For portable use, while heavy, is so much more user friendly without trying to find a place for all the excess cord.

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #68 of 1,152
Quote:
Also, that pic posted above of the 267 shows a corded cable. I thought only the 167 came with that and the 267 came with a straight cable.
I am a HUGE corded cable fan. For portable use, while heavy, is so much more user friendly without trying to find a place for all the excess cord.

It would help if you looked at the information on the first page - but yes, the 267 comes with a detachable coiled cable. For around $10 or so extra, you could probably find a good 1.2m straight cable too, to use with them.

Nov 21, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #70 of 1,152
Quote:

This. I'm so close to cancelling my preorder m-100's. I'm pretty pampered with comfort thanks to my Sennheiser 558's so even the possibility of discomfort issues with the v moda's scares me to no end since I have a huge head (6'2" asian head with free earlobes, yeah that big). Though the M-80's I can wear for hours with no issues but on ear is it's own world. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #71 of 1,152
Quote:
This. I'm so close to cancelling my preorder m-100's. I'm pretty pampered with comfort thanks to my Sennheiser 558's so even the possibility of discomfort issues with the v moda's scares me to no end since I have a huge head (6'2" asian head with free earlobes, yeah that big). Though the M-80's I can wear for hours with no issues but on ear is it's own world. 

cancel it! and buy k267 =)

Quote:
Found them locally, and I WANT THEM.

http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/over-ear-headphones/akg-k-267-by-tiesto-reference-headphones

I have k550s, sold my q701 recently awaiting the k702 anniversary to become cheaper and might pick up these, I feel like Im turning into an AKG fan boy.

youre not a fanboy if you dont collect the better-sounding vintage akgs :p

Nov 21, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #72 of 1,152
Quote:

cancel it! and buy k267 =)

Curly21029's indepth comparison of the the akg k550 psu and vmoda have done it in for me. Sent my cancellation request (moment of silence for my self-vectored custom shield never materializing) And now the waiting game for the k267's.

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #75 of 1,152
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]So correct me if I misread this, but it's not yet confirmed whether or not the K267 Tiesto uses the same drivers as the K550?

I so badly want the K267 to be an improved K550 (especially in fit) because they have fantastic driver in those things. If The first reviews even elude to them being an improved, bassier K550 I'll be the happiest boy in all the land (after I purchase them).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back