AKG K240s with Keyboard
Sep 12, 2013 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tysonvt

New Head-Fier
Hey guys! I just joined because I need some help honestly... My google searches did not help. I recently bought a pair of akg k240s thinking they would sound good with my digital keyboard (casio privia px150). They sound great but even with the volume turned all the way up they're barely loud at all. I wouldn't think I'd need an amp... I just have no clue why the volume sucks. They're perfectly loud enough plugged into my laptop. Any help/advice is MUCH appreciated. Thank you!

Sep 12, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #2 of 6
Hey guys! I just joined because I need some help honestly... My google searches did not help. I recently bought a pair of AKG K240s thinking they would sound good with my digital keyboard (casio privia px150). They sound great but even with the volume turned all the way up they're barely loud at all. I wouldn't think I'd need an amp... I just have no clue why the volume sucks. They're perfectly loud enough plugged into my laptop. Any help/advice is MUCH appreciated. Thank you!

Sounds like the headphone jack on the keyboard does not put out enough juice for the K240s.
Which model K240s are they? Studio? Monitor? Sextett?
Where they new K240s or used ones?

Sep 12, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #5 of 6
Sounds like the problem is in your keyboard. Phones do not go as loud as ordinary keyboards. You can get an amp to make the sound louder.

Sep 12, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #6 of 6
Brand new studio headphones. I get louder volume from my phone than I do from the keyboard.

So AKG K240 Studio 55-Ohm headphones, which like a little more juice to work well compared to other low impedance (Ohm) headphones.
Get you phone outputs more juice then your keyboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back