AKG K-240 Sexttet
Jun 27, 2011 at 7:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Stitch

500+ Head-Fier
At a dutch meet in 2009 i had the fortunate chance to try the AKG Sexttet. All i remember i was awed by the space and clearity they offered. I know of the different production era's(early, mid and late). There are several dutch sites that have the 240 MKII for sale at €125. Is this the 240 with six drivers? And what version would it be(EP, MP, LP)? 
And what about the k242? AKG says its the "New iteration of a studio classic".

Jun 27, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #2 of 3
the akg 240mkII is the same as the akg 240 studios. both are 55ohms and do not feature the passive radiators the older sextetts do(EP,MP,LP all do). i never heard the EP or MP version but i have 2 LP versions and i love them dearly. after i heard my first pair of sextetts i just got rid of my akg 240 studios right away to my brother. in my opinion the newer akg 240's are nothing in comprehensions. i find my akg 240 sextetts LP to have superior detail,well extended bass and treble and clarity and it has one of the best midranges i ever heard. i heard a lot the MP's and EP's have more bass ''presence'' and find the LP's known to be light on the bass but in my opinion they have enough bass with the right track and powerful enough amp to drive them. they also can sound very bright if the source itself is bright. they are very true to the source.

the akg 240 studios were at another attempt for akg to make a greater profit margin and cut cost on manufacturing i feel and think.

Jul 23, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #3 of 3
the akg 240mkII is the same as the akg 240 studios. both are 55ohms and do not feature the passive radiators the older sextetts do(EP,MP,LP all do). i never heard the EP or MP version but i have 2 LP versions and i love them dearly. after i heard my first pair of sextetts i just got rid of my akg 240 studios right away to my brother. in my opinion the newer akg 240's are nothing in comprehensions. i find my akg 240 sextetts LP to have superior detail,well extended bass and treble and clarity and it has one of the best midranges i ever heard. i heard a lot the MP's and EP's have more bass ''presence'' and find the LP's known to be light on the bass but in my opinion they have enough bass with the right track and powerful enough amp to drive them. they also can sound very bright if the source itself is bright. they are very true to the source.

the akg 240 studios were at another attempt for akg to make a greater profit margin and cut cost on manufacturing i feel and think.
Hello have you drove them with solid state ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back