AKG k-1000
Nov 29, 2003 at 3:17 AM Post #16 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by Chefguru
What kinda jack Does the k-1000 have? On the site it says 4 pin. Do they have an adpater for that to make it 1/4 ?

You need to connect the K1000 to the amp's speaker terminals

Nov 29, 2003 at 7:25 AM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by mikeg
Not to worry. As you age, the brightness will diminish.

I guess they'll just keep getting better from here then.
k1000smile.gif

For some reason, whenever I think to myself, "Ouch, that was a little bright", I get this picture of "poor old" joelongwood in my head, smiling, hugging his RKV and his K1000's.

Nov 29, 2003 at 3:03 PM Post #18 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by HappymaN
I guess they'll just keep getting better from here then.
k1000smile.gif

For some reason, whenever I think to myself, "Ouch, that was a little bright", I get this picture of "poor old" joelongwood in my head, smiling, hugging his RKV and his K1000's.

Actually, it was joelongwood who turned me onto this great Head-Fi group.

Nov 29, 2003 at 3:54 PM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by HappymaN

I don't blame him. I drive my K-1000's from a Fisher 400 receiver, and built an adapter to drive them from my Melos SHA-1 (carlo mods) or my EAR HP$ (typo deliberately left in
wink.gif
). I still miss my RKV for that headphone.

Nov 29, 2003 at 4:01 PM Post #20 of 34
I also have enjoyed the K1000/nOrh SE9 combo for a number of months...it is a beautiful mating and only improves with cable swapping of the phone cord and the ICs you use.

John

Nov 29, 2003 at 4:35 PM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by JMedeiros
I also have enjoyed the K1000/nOrh SE9 combo for a number of months...it is a beautiful mating and only improves with cable swapping of the phone cord and the ICs you use.

Let's not forget the tube rolling also.
biggrin.gif

For a moment I thought you meant telephone cord when you say "phone". That's your short hand for headphone? Maybe you've been brainwashed by this hobby
tongue.gif

Nov 29, 2003 at 4:42 PM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by lan

For a moment I thought you meant telephone cord when you say "phone". That's your short hand for headphone? Maybe you've been brainwashed by this hobby
tongue.gif

me?? nah.....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 29, 2003 at 10:29 PM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

But before I do what do I NEED to power this thing ?

you "need" an amp that can produce at least 8-15wpc@8ohms. your phones are rated at 1watt@120ohms. so... 15wpc should be able to get you all the power you need. many people use even heftier amps, up to you and your wallet i guess. but 15 is plenty... and 8 is okay too. i would go much lower.

Dec 1, 2003 at 2:14 AM Post #25 of 34
My sr-200 just died so I am going to buy one hopefully tommorow and I have one more question. If I get the adapter to make the k1000 work with a 1/4 jack would it ok with an ultra hs ( just till the new amp comes)?

Dec 19, 2003 at 9:56 PM Post #26 of 34
It'll probably work in a pinch. But it won't sound nearly as good as it can, I guess.

I tried the K1000 with my Little More Power just for the hell of it. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either. The Little drove them plenty loud. But it was really muddy sounding..

-Ed

Dec 19, 2003 at 10:05 PM Post #27 of 34
Any headphone amp will make them reasonably loud, however the K-1000's sound like crap unless driven properly. With the RKV they are top notch :K1000smile:

Dec 19, 2003 at 11:20 PM Post #28 of 34
LOL, I don't know how many people don't know this. But the side pads slide apart. It lets you position the ear speakers foward more allowing you to open them up more and getting even better imaging. (although bass will suffer) Plus it's way more comfortable, less like a head vise, and much much more stable on your head.

I totally missed this feature when browsing through the manual. I was annoyed by the tabs that stick downward from the earpads, they were digging into the sides of my head sometimes. I pulled on them and it pulled out. I thought $#!%&?!? I broke it at first.
k1000smile.gif

Woot, this adjustment feature has really opened a whole new dimension to the K1000's, literally.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back