AKG 340s--Just Won a Pair and Had a Question
Nov 22, 2002 at 3:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

FCJ

Propz go out to his homeez at Burrz-Brownz!
I just put in a "Buy It Now" for a pair of AKG 340s on ebay. I'm not sure what I'll be getting, since: (1) the "Buy It Now" price was only $21.99; (2) the box in the picture looks pretty beat up.

Anyway, if you look at the picture in the ebay listing, it looks as if the headphones are terminated with two bannana plugs, which means, I guess, that these hook up to a power amp instead of a headphone jack. Does anyone know if they can be used this way (I've already emailed the seller, but I haven't heard back from them yet)? If so, how does it impact the sound? Also, I assume the answer is yes, but can they be terminated with a typical headphone jack? Is the cable to the 340s detachable?

Thanks.

Nov 22, 2002 at 4:30 PM Post #3 of 3
FCJ, I PM'd you about these. I've just checked out the pictures closely, and it looks like someone replaced the original 1/4 plug with some banana plugs, as the cable itself looks identical to mine. I don't know if they'll work directly off the speaker terminals (too much power?). But it shouldn't be too difficult to replace the banana plugs with a nice 1/4 plug.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back