AK120 Titan problem
Jan 23, 2014 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jlbrach

Headphoneus Supremus
I loaded about 15,000 songs onto my AK120 Titan ...I had first installed 2 64GB micro cards into the player and I loaded about 12,000 songs onto the internal memory of the player and the rest onto one of the micro cards.When I did a scan of the player it stopped at 10,000 songs each time I did it and when I checked what was on my player by pressing on albums or artists it did not combine the internal memory with the micro cards and did not show all of the songs I had downloaded onto the internal memory it only showed a partial list.On the other hand when I checked the file option on the player it listed the internal memory and each card and everything seemed to be on the player,although listed somewhat differently than I am used to

I have a couple of questions...shouldnt everything show up when i check the artist or album folder?Why did the scan stop at 10,000 songs?Is there a song limit for the internal memory?Shouldnt everything from the micro cards and the internal memory show up in one place and be combined?Any help would be appreciated because I currently have all of this music loaded onto my cowon x7 and zune HD and have absolutely no issues with them!To add,I did install the most up to date firmware!

Jan 24, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 11
any thoughts?

Jan 30, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #4 of 11
It's probably limited to 9999 songs. If your entire library is 320CBR, it would limit you to using about 125gb of the memory assuming 5 min songs. I bet they can add a digit to the library # in a FW upgrade to correct this. They probably didn't consider it an issue in a HiDef player. Redbook flac without any HiDef could about fill the player along with 2 64gb cards.
Can you still see and play everything from folder view?

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #5 of 11
  It's probably limited to 9999 songs. If your entire library is 320CBR, it would limit you to using about 125gb of the memory assuming 5 min songs. I bet they can add a digit to the library # in a FW upgrade to correct this. They probably didn't consider it an issue in a HiDef player. Redbook flac without any HiDef could about fill the player along with 2 64gb cards.
Can you still see and play everything from folder view?

Yes it is, as the current firmware for the AK120 line only supports up to 10000 songs from the library auto scan.

Jan 30, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #6 of 11
Yes,i can see all of my music from the folders and that is what I do but i was led to believe that everything would merge together and be presented when I used the Artist or Album Icon....The scan of only 10,000 songs is bizarre to me given the capacity of 256GB or even more going forward with the potential for larger micro card capacity!There are several UI issues which need to be addressed,the reaction time is sluggish when moving around from one artist or alum to another....It is impossible to search a large collection of music given the navigation features on the player and it is in desperate need of some sort of proper alphabetical search method.I do hope these things are being worked on and will be fixed or improved going forward with firmware updates

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #7 of 11
  Yes,i can see all of my music from the folders and that is what I do but i was led to believe that everything would merge together and be presented when I used the Artist or Album Icon....The scan of only 10,000 songs is bizarre to me given the capacity of 256GB or even more going forward with the potential for larger micro card capacity!There are several UI issues which need to be addressed,the reaction time is sluggish when moving around from one artist or alum to another....It is impossible to search a large collection of music given the navigation features on the player and it is in desperate need of some sort of proper alphabetical search method.I do hope these things are being worked on and will be fixed or improved going forward with firmware updates

My guess is that their software is too inefficient to handle the display of 10000+ items under limited RAM, so they just hard-coded the 10000 scan limit.

May 30, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #8 of 11
Hi guys..i received my Titan couple days ago. It has a problem when auto scanning the library. up to 147 song..it comes back to the home screen and then re-scanning...again and again repeating for the same..looks like my Titan can not scan the library on the sdcard completely. I use 64gb sdcard - but i inserted only one..not both..i use firmware 1.37. But when i use my 32gb sdcard...it has no problem. Do you think this is normal? it suppose to be able to read the 64gb, right? is my titan a failure product? Thank you.

Edit: if i use manual scan - is okay. It can read all the files on the sdcard.

Aug 28, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #9 of 11
15,000 songs ?!!! Wow , I could barely reach the 3,000 mark, I bet you haven't heard them all
blink.gif

Dec 15, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #11 of 11
You will need to use the folder option and listen to the music on the cards that way...works perfectly for me that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back