AK120 II vs Fiio M11
Oct 27, 2020 at 9:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dpastern

100+ Head-Fier
Is there any improvement to be had from the Fiio M11 (non-pro) from a SQ point of view?

My AK 120 II is getting on now and obviously won't last forever (the on/off button is already "sticky" and non-responsive sometimes). The Fiio has a larger, better screen, which is a boon for an old bugger like me with crappy eyes, supports 2.5/4.4 and 3.5 jacks, native DSD support and has better battery life performance. The Fiio is tempting me lol...

I'm not able to demo one, and Aussie prices for this are a rip off compared to US prices anyway, so I'd be sourcing from the US and privately importing to Australia (USD $399, approx AUD $616 after currency conversion and taxes, vs $799 from a local supplier - it was priced at $1299 AUD for a long time up until very recently, an even larger rip off for Aussies!). I refuse to support local suppliers who price gouge.

I'd be using my CCA C10 IEMs, which I love.

Oct 28, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 2
After reading many reviews on the M11 unit on Amazon, I think I'll pass. It seems sound quality is pretty off with this unit, reliability is very poor and post sales support is absolutely woeful. Will save my pennies for a iBasso DX220 methinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back