AirPort Express question
Dec 27, 2007 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

GreatDane

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got an AirPort and I got it to work for sending music from iTunes to my AV receiver but I can't figure out how to also connect to my router for internet connection at the same time...is that not possible to do both at the same time?

The status light blinks amber so I'm guessing that I did something wrong...I don't know much about this stuff.

Dec 27, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #2 of 7
I had a few problems with my airport express at first. That was because I got it second hand and the airport express stores user configurations. If you also got it second hand, the only way to properly reset it is to do a factory default reset: unplug it from the outlet, press and hold the reset button, plug it back in while still holding the reset button, keep it that way for about 10 to 15 seconds until the light flashes green four times, then finally release the reset button. After this I had no problem in setting my airport express up as a wireless router. I just connected it to my ADSL router with an internet cable and set it up using the supplied software. Had it up and running within 10 minutes (after having problems with setting it up for several hours before I performed a factory reset).

P.S. Of course, it is possible to have an internet connection and use iTunes + AirTunes through the airport express at the same time. I am connected on my laptop wirelessly through the airport express and listening to some tunes wirelessly through the airport express as well right now
biggrin.gif
!

Dec 27, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #3 of 7
Thanks.

I bought mine new. I don't want to have to run any cables to the base station in order to have wireless internet access on my laptop and send music to my receiver. When I view my available wireless networks (on my laptop) I have to choose either the Apple network (for the AirPort) or my Linksys router.

I'm still confused. I knew this couldn't be easy.

And now I have a new problem where iTunes won't play a CD...it shows the tracks on the CD but the little blue"now playing" icon skips quickly down the list of tracks, then stops and nothing will play.

Dec 28, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #4 of 7
WOW, so many responses, I guess not many people use this gadget...well after a few hours of being pissed off at this ****ing thing I found the answer at another site. The fix was to use 128 bit WEP and insert $ before the key code. Green light /yeah.

Dec 28, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #5 of 7
Haha, nice to hear you fixed it. Sorry, but I've only used it as I explained, so I couldn't give you any help on adding the express to an existing network. Thankfully it worked out.

Dec 28, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #7 of 7
Great to see that you fixed it, and are enjoying wireless music (like I do) and can surf the web at the same time.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back