AirPods Max
Mar 30, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #3,691 of 5,629
Off topic and I hate apple products lol, but does anyone else find bluetooth to be a little long in the tooth? I personally can't wait for something that's a bit more secure, with a handful of connection options (preferred connection, secured connection, etc).

Mar 30, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #3,692 of 5,629
Off topic and I hate apple products lol, but does anyone else find bluetooth to be a little long in the tooth? I personally can't wait for something that's a bit more secure, with a handful of connection options (preferred connection, secured connection, etc).
Nope.

Mar 30, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #3,693 of 5,629
Awesome post! Enjoy them! I don't know how you can have so many pairs and not have a 'best' that always interferes with the lesser units enjoyment.
Yea I totally get what you’re saying and feel the same.

When the HE6SE is in front of me already, plugged into a turned on TA-30 tube amp, and I’m committed to sitting at my desk for at least some time, then ya...the APM just wouldn’t be considered. The APM don’t satisfy me enough to be preferred at all there.

But where I love having the APM is that situation when I can’t stick to my desk, or I can’t be sure how long I could, or I just don’t feel like taking my precious hifi headphones out of their boxes - when I just want to pop something on and not try to guess how long I’ll be able to listen to my music before something comes up in my home.

While the APM used to be preferred for me over the HD800 S and other headphones (around $500 or less), now I have the Clairvoyance and HE6SE in my collection, which are both preferred over the APM in all those cases I would’ve opted for the APM over the 800S in the past.

So the APM are still great fun, but yes, they only come out when convenience, and limited time to consider for listening, is in higher demand over sound quality.

Mar 30, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #3,694 of 5,629
So quick story. One of my favorite wireless ANC headphones use to be the Beats Studio 3 Wireless. Before the evolution of the wireless ANC world with all of these new audiophile brands fully entering the market, the main heavy hitters were the Sony 1000XM3, Bose QC35 II, and Beats Studio 3. I preferred the Beats over the other 2 because it's sound was just more exciting to my ears. It was comfortable, low profile, and worked well with Apple devices. Well, yesterday I grabbed my son's Beats Studio 3 and did a quick listen. I hadn't heard them in a while. Let's just say I appreciate my AirPods Max, B&O H95, and NAD Viso HP70 MUCH more. It's really night and day how much better these headphones sound. To me, the AirPods Max is what the Beats Studio should have been. As a matter of fact, if they put the Max's tuning and functionality in a Beats Studio 4 and priced it at $399, it would destroy everything on the market. They won't though because that would make the AirPods Max a very hard sell. The Beats would be lighter, cheaper, more comfortable for some, and more versatile in the fact that it's fit works really well as a workout headphone.

Mar 30, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #3,696 of 5,629
APM

Laying down. No cables.
I push the button. No noise.
I press play.

Bernardo Sassetti, Nocturno

Phone lies down beside me.
Eyes close.

rest 😌

DA03461C-1E8B-4185-9901-BF3D118AD614.jpeg

Full playlist here: Relaxing Jazz

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #3,697 of 5,629
So quick story. One of my favorite wireless ANC headphones use to be the Beats Studio 3 Wireless. Before the evolution of the wireless ANC world with all of these new audiophile brands fully entering the market, the main heavy hitters were the Sony 1000XM3, Bose QC35 II, and Beats Studio 3. I preferred the Beats over the other 2 because it's sound was just more exciting to my ears. It was comfortable, low profile, and worked well with Apple devices. Well, yesterday I grabbed my son's Beats Studio 3 and did a quick listen. I hadn't heard them in a while. Let's just say I appreciate my AirPods Max, B&O H95, and NAD Viso HP70 MUCH more. It's really night and day how much better these headphones sound. To me, the AirPods Max is what the Beats Studio should have been. As a matter of fact, if they put the Max's tuning and functionality in a Beats Studio 4 and priced it at $399, it would destroy everything on the market. They won't though because that would make the AirPods Max a very hard sell. The Beats would be lighter, cheaper, more comfortable for some, and more versatile in the fact that it's fit works really well as a workout headphone.
Calm down man. You’re starting to sound like me. :wink:

Mar 31, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #3,698 of 5,629
Ok. I got me Air Pod Max and two days in I love them. My hearing is not-so-good But I believe the sound is much better than the Bose 700 and the Sony WH1000-XM4. However I can quantify that statement. I also have a significant short term memory impairment so thinking back and comparing a music passage isn't going to happen. Here's what I can comment on:

Incredible build quality.
Comfortable
Operationally superior. They Pair between my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook effortlessly. I did nothing. Zero setup. They work.
Strange but True. I really like the case. Fast and effective. This means I'll use it more.

Here's some drivel.....Love Apple or Hate Apple there isn't another headphone company with the manufacturing capabilities or manpower that Apple has. Flip side It's true some companies don't need that and have sonic geniuses that make products that probably crush the APM sonically. Kinda like the two guys that started Apple in a garage. Aint America great!

Mar 31, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #3,699 of 5,629
Ok. I got me Air Pod Max and two days in I love them. My hearing is not-so-good But I believe the sound is much better than the Bose 700 and the Sony WH1000-XM4. However I can quantify that statement. I also have a significant short term memory impairment so thinking back and comparing a music passage isn't going to happen. Here's what I can comment on:

Incredible build quality.
Comfortable
Operationally superior. They Pair between my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook effortlessly. I did nothing. Zero setup. They work.
Strange but True. I really like the case. Fast and effective. This means I'll use it more.

Here's some drivel.....Love Apple or Hate Apple there isn't another headphone company with the manufacturing capabilities or manpower that Apple has. Flip side It's true some companies don't need that and have sonic geniuses that make products that probably crush the APM sonically. Kinda like the two guys that started Apple in a garage. Aint America great!
If you’ve got an iPhone and officially approved earbuds, download the Mimi app, take the hearing test, and apply the resulting engram to your profile in your iPhone settings. Reach out if you need specifics on navigation to the right place in settings (it’s also mentioned numerous times in this thread). The Mimi app will tell you if you’ve got the right earbuds for the test. (If you’ve got an iPhone, you probably do.) Use of the engram, however, is currently limited to the iPhone.

Mar 31, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #3,702 of 5,629
Author
Thanks again,
I have slight hearing loss but I’m 2% better than my age group 64 (I get my vax tomorrow)
but my left is 81 and right only 65. Go figure.

my iPhone is up to date. I did not see the engram nor a place in my profile to put it.
I’ll keep looking

Mar 31, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #3,704 of 5,629
It’s not intuitive.

Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Headphone Accommodations

Assuming all went well, you should see it under TUNE AUDIO FOR. Select it (or any of the other choices to try out different sounds).

Attachments

• C4CD4C6F-CD5A-473D-8B95-0D3E54652ADD.jpeg
    C4CD4C6F-CD5A-473D-8B95-0D3E54652ADD.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back