AirPods Max > problems with headtracking
Apr 4, 2024 at 7:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MartinGr

New Head-Fier
My AirPods Max arrived today - and I have big problems with the headtracking function (which I personally like very much). It works flawless with my AirPods Pro.
Maybe someone has an idea?
I'm using an iPhone 15 Pro (iOS 17.4), and the phones have the latest firmware now.

I'm playing Dolby Atmos from Apple Music. What happens, is that headtracking turns off very often when going from one track to the next.... and can only be enabled again by turning bluetooth off and on.
I even have some 5.1 tracks in my Apple Music cloud that play fine with the Apple Spatializer and headtracking. But it's impossible to play Atmos afterwards - without losing the headtracker.
I've never had that with my Airpods Pro.
There is only one thread about this (without a solution) on Apple's website.

Does it make any sense to replace them - or is this a familiar problem?

Thanks
Martin

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #2 of 3
I know this may be an obvious question, but have you tried working with Apple's phone support? Most of the time when I've resorted to that with them over the years on various products it has been a bug I've just needed to wait out (ie: AirPod Pro v1 and v2 ANC fading in and out randomly, never solved), but they have been good about escalating to advanced support tiers and then following up via email or call with their findings.

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #3 of 3
There are some posts in the internet that are quite old. But no reported solutions. So I was wondering if there are people using this device without problems with iOS 17 and headtracking. If so, support might be an option. But at the moment I feel more safe to send it back.
Without reliable headtracking, I can stick to my Sony WH1000X5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back