Airhead 4.5v.... thoughts and questions...
Aug 29, 2002 at 6:50 AM Post #16 of 22
well i tried my AH with 3 of my pcdps and so far i think that the AH isnt a $120 dollar improvement in sound....

i used:

1990 D-11 sony pcdp

1995? D-E301 sony pcdp

2001 Rio 250 pcdp

all had no eqs touched, etc...

i used a new trance CD with good bass highs all the waht not.

the out of the rio had a bit of static to it, but not bad. the D-11 sounded pretty good, and the 301 seemed a little dry sounding (little light on bass)?, with the D11 souding the best. i only listened to each for a short while, but this is how it seems

the headphone outs all sounded pretty good, with the d11 the best. the 301 sounded pretty good, but lacking bass and something else.... not sure... treble rolled off a bit maybe, and the 250 was a little loose in the bass a bit and scratchy, but they were all close to the AH...... very close....... in fact the differences seemed very slight, but most prominent on the 301 maybe. iduno... i tested it with very good sounding pcdps, so the differences were hard to tell apart, but the most outstanding one was the very slight scratchyness on the rio... but i get used to it after a short while and it becomes almost unoticable after a while.

Aug 29, 2002 at 6:59 AM Post #17 of 22
maybe i should get a cmoy?? or should i just stick to the headphone out on my pcdps? i am going to sell the AH now, almost definitely.when i tried the Altoids amp JMT? built at WOH, it seemed to sound pretty good....

oh well.

I plan to get some sort of more portable headphones than the 280pros. i have ksc55s but they dont isolate at all so they are useless to me.. ety er6 seems the way to go so far, if i can afford them. i need isolation. the 280s are just too big and bulky to use on the go. plus they are super ugly.... but they sound so good for $100. oh well. i would feel bad to get the V6 becuase i already have the 280s.... and the V6 dont isolate as well as 280s. .. ill have to see what my next paycheck is... i would really like the ER6, but i dont know if parents would let me seeing that i am still paying off my truck... same goes for an amp... but if i sold my AH, i bet i could get er6 or a better amp maybe.. hmm. sorry, im rambling.. i just wish i could sell my truck and get the er4 and an ipod
smily_headphones1.gif
. then i couldnt go anywhere
frown.gif

Aug 29, 2002 at 7:09 AM Post #18 of 22
well then again, it burns the batteries wierd..

the first is dead, the second is half dead, and the last batt is full charge....

what the?!?!?

Aug 29, 2002 at 1:32 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by a1leyez0nm3
well then again, it burns the batteries wierd..

the first is dead, the second is half dead, and the last batt is full charge....

what the?!?!?

That sounds very strange. Maybe your unit is defective, if it's not getting power from all three cells, the output would suffer.... Send it into HeadRoom, have them check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back