"Air Conductors" ...wanted???
Aug 21, 2004 at 7:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Budley007

500+ Head-Fier
I'd feel a whole lot better about myself if I know that there are other folks out there that did what I caught myself doing the other day. It was only for about 10 seconds or so, but it happened. I'm so ashamed...

Aug 21, 2004 at 9:06 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Budley007
I'd feel a whole lot better about myself if I know that there are other folks out there that did what I caught myself doing the other day. It was only for about 10 seconds or so, but it happened. I'm so ashamed...

I had a friend who used to get dressed up in his suit and conduct along with entire Mahler Symphonies. One time he said he conducted through Mahler's 6th TWICE. Needless to say, we were all a bit concerned..

I used to enjoy Air Conducting but I don't do it was much as I did when I was younger..

we were so used to air conducting when we were listening that it was very hard for us to sit still when we went to concerts
biggrin.gif

-jar

Aug 21, 2004 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 5
Conducting takes so much coordination and anticipation I don't know if I could do it without a whole bunch of practice. But sometimes I try anyway
tongue.gif

Aug 21, 2004 at 9:48 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Masonjar
we were so used to air conducting when we were listening that it was very hard for us to sit still when we went to concerts
biggrin.gif

-jar

Happened to me last saturday when seeing "Die Walküre". I was merely moving my fingers along the music but I felt an almost irresistible urge to take the baton out of Ralf Weikert's hands (not that he was bad at all...).

Air conducting is good fun. Now that I purchased a portable mp3-wma-cdp (complete "London" symponies by Haydn on a single disc, for example!) I may be getting some strange looks when commuting to work and back.

Regards,

L.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back