AIAIAI TMA-1
Dec 26, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #481 of 1,345

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I just received my pair today, and they are great. The only problem I have is that I think I may have a pair that has the gluing/loose headband problem. They stay on very well, but if I only slightly lean back, they start to slowly slip off my head. It only happens when leaning back, so it's not much of a problem, but it can be annoying. Is there any way for me to tell if my pair is V1, and do you think I should contact AIAIAI?

They must be V1.  I couldn't see this happening with the set that I got, even if you have a relatively small head.  Actually, maybe I can run a test with my fiancee and convince her to try them on.  She weighs less than 100lbs and barely breaks 5ft tall.  If they stay put on her head they'll accommodate pretty much anyone's. 
wink_face.gif

What should I do? Should I contact AIAIAI for a replacement? I didn't buy them straight from the manufacturer, but from Turntable Labs through Amazon. Would I even be able to get a replacement from AIAIAI for free?

You'd need to check if they are an authorized reseller of AIAIAI Products, if yes, then you're fine, if not, you'd need to fix them yourself or buy a new pair.

When you call or email them, could you ask if DijitalFix is an authorized reseller for me? Thanks, it would just make me happier knowing that if something goes wrong, I'm covered.

Dec 26, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #483 of 1,345
I just read through the last few pages of this thread, and it seems that AIAIAI cannot accept returns for a "loose headband" because they do not believe that it was ever a problem. They do mention the gluing problem, but it seems like I will not be able to replace my pair, even if I had purchased them straight from the manufacturer. Oh well, the headphones only slip off when I lean back. It actually might be my head shape, because I can shake my head without them falling off, but if I only slightly move backwards, they fall. Maybe the protein leather pads just need to be broken in a bit.

Edit: Another note: The clamping force is perfect. It is not too tight or too loose, so it seems like it is either the earpads or the earcups. Does anybody know exactly what AIAIAI meant by a gluing problem? If they were talking about a gluing problem involving the area where the earcups swivel, then I may have that problem.

Dec 26, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #484 of 1,345

Quote:
I just read through the last few pages of this thread, and it seems that AIAIAI cannot accept returns for a "loose headband" because they do not believe that it was ever a problem. They do mention the gluing problem, but it seems like I will not be able to replace my pair, even if I had purchased them straight from the manufacturer. Oh well, the headphones only slip off when I lean back. It actually might be my head shape, because I can shake my head without them falling off, but if I only slightly move backwards, they fall. Maybe the protein leather pads just need to be broken in a bit.

Edit: Another note: The clamping force is perfect. It is not too tight or too loose, so it seems like it is either the earpads or the earcups. Does anybody know exactly what AIAIAI meant by a gluing problem? If they were talking about a gluing problem involving the area where the earcups swivel, then I may have that problem.

It can't be that, because the earcups are almost built around the headband in those places, they're loose, allowing them to swivel, but there are slight bumps that keep it locked in the position you want.

Dec 26, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #486 of 1,345

Quote:

Quote:
I just received my pair today, and they are great. The only problem I have is that I think I may have a pair that has the gluing/loose headband problem. They stay on very well, but if I only slightly lean back, they start to slowly slip off my head. It only happens when leaning back, so it's not much of a problem, but it can be annoying. Is there any way for me to tell if my pair is V1, and do you think I should contact AIAIAI?

They must be V1.  I couldn't see this happening with the set that I got, even if you have a relatively small head.  Actually, maybe I can run a test with my fiancee and convince her to try them on.  She weighs less than 100lbs and barely breaks 5ft tall.  If they stay put on her head they'll accommodate pretty much anyone's. 
wink_face.gif

Update: They're not moving on her noggin.

Dec 26, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #487 of 1,345
Not sure if this is my head or something, but, when I wear them, the cup on my right ear always feels (To me at least) that it has more pressure than the other... The left cup is fine and comfortable, and only after a bit do they even out. I even tried switching the pads around and even wearing the headphones backward (L-R/R-L)

I'm thinking it's just the shape of my ears or something.. The sound is fine, just this one comfort issue.

Dec 26, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #488 of 1,345
The strangest thing is that I can headbang and shake my head side to side rapidly, and they won't even budge, but the slighest lean backwards causes them to slip off. It happens even if I flip them around, too. Do fake leather pads get softer over time? Because I believe it may be pads because the clamping force is just fine. I think I'll give the dreaded foam pads a shot just to see if my assumption is correct. 

Edit: The same thing is happening with the foam pads. I guess it must be the headband, but really, I'm not going to be leaning back too much with headphones on, so I'm not going to worry about this too much. On a positive note, everything else about these headphones is fantastic. I never knew what anyone meant by "punchy" bass because the only headphones I've experienced are Beats (muddy bass), Skullcandies (even worse), and the Audio Technica ATH-FC700s (recessed bass), but after listening to these, I know exactly what that means. These headphones are a bit dark in signature, but they are very detailed and the soundstage is good. Overall, I'm very happy with these and am very glad I chose them.

Oh, and I'm listening to the new, free Gorillaz album, The Fall (recorded on iPads), and I'm not sure I like it that much, but it sounds great on these headphones! And, yes, electronic, techno, and rap sound better on these than rock or classical, but they don't sound bad on any genre. I'd say that LCD Soundsystem, Gorillaz, Kanye West, etc., sound better than Radiohead, The Black Keys, Beach House, etc. I haven't tried EQing yet, but I want to. Thanks BRSxIgnition for first recommending these, and thanks Curly; Your review made me absolutely sure about these.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 27, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #490 of 1,345
Alright, Aiaiai is doing the return for my broken TMA's. Sent them today. Good thing is they have an adress in CA, so I didn't have to send them overseas. Now let's see how they handle it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back