AIAIAI TMA-1
Dec 19, 2010 at 7:33 AM Post #457 of 1,345
Really good impression.
I've just got few time to listem them.

In a few words, OOB impressions:

The build quality seems good, i can't say anything about the plastic/rubber but it's durability looks ok.
I'll define the clamping force as moderate but they are still comfortable and don't slide even if I move around my head.
They are fine while listening at home but I didn't try them while jogging/walking outside yet.
The isolation with the leather pad is really good, I didn't even try the foam ones.

The sound is a little bit forward and seems midcentred but still accurate in reproducing music (just OOB).
Treble is really detailed and fast. The bass hits really hard when called to do so but is not to loaud and isn't overhealming.

They seemed really good while listening to some techno, metal and rock.
I'll need more time for trying them with some pop, r&b and 60-80's rock albums
Sorry for my bed english, I'll update when I'll get more time to listen them.

Dec 21, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #458 of 1,345
just got my tma-1 in the mail from dijital fix today......

all I gotta say is  that it sounds very airy, like in space......but very detailed. 

(I never noticed certain echos of songs before) 

these totally sound very different than anything I have ever heard before. 

very very interesting~~~~~~~

I will post my review after a week.

but if I have just one word to describe these cans would be "SMOOTH" 

Dec 21, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #460 of 1,345
Damn dfkt, I was just gonna put the link up myself,... 
beerchug.gif

Dec 22, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #462 of 1,345

Quote:
Here's my review: http://anythingbutipod.com/2010/12/aiaiai-tma-1-review/

Thanks for the read!  Well done! 
beerchug.gif

Glad to see some comparisons finally made to the HD25... but you're killing my wallet with the HD650 parallel!  I'm sometimes finding myself missing the soundstage of the HD600 and was thinking about picking up an HD650 because it would match my current preferred SQ better.  I love the TMA-1, but would really appreciate having an open option.  This may have been the decision-maker to bring my on-hand count from one main, one banger to one open, one closed. (I really don't want to be the guy who reaches for a different pair of cans for every album he listens to...)

At any rate, thanks for the well thought out, detailed, contextual review!  Hopefully AiAiAi will make a few more well-deserved sales from it. :)

Dec 22, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #464 of 1,345

Quote:
If you love the TMA-1 then I am indeed sorry for your wallet - cause the HD 650 are everything like them, and then some. :wink:

In my opinion the HD600 are closer to the HD25, the HD650 are closer to the TMA-1.

Oh man. This is what I've been wanting to find. I've been looking something more portable that is similar to the sound of my HD650's, as they are still my go-to phones every night. 

btw: I haven't really read the entire thread, so I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but there's a version 1 and version 2?? I'm thinking about picking up a set on Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/AIAIAI-TMA-1-DJ-Headphones-Black/dp/B00404H6DQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293058671&sr=8-1

Is there any way to telling if it's a V1 or V2 just by looking at them?

Dec 22, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #465 of 1,345

Quote:
Quote:
If you love the TMA-1 then I am indeed sorry for your wallet - cause the HD 650 are everything like them, and then some. :wink:

In my opinion the HD600 are closer to the HD25, the HD650 are closer to the TMA-1.

Oh man. This is what I've been wanting to find. I've been looking something more portable that is similar to the sound of my HD650's, as they are still my go-to phones every night. 

btw: I haven't really read the entire thread, so I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but there's a version 1 and version 2?? I'm thinking about picking up a set on Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/AIAIAI-TMA-1-DJ-Headphones-Black/dp/B00404H6DQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293058671&sr=8-1

Is there any way to telling if it's a V1 or V2 just by looking at them?

We haven't quite found out. I got mine from dijitalfix, I asked them what version they were, and they said V2. Some V1's have problems with the gluing of the rubber to the headband and others have clamping issues. Only a few do though.

The V2's have none of these issues, and according to the head of Dijital fix, all they have are V2's. Since they only got them in from the factory 4 weeks ago (2 weeks, when I ordered them.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back