Ah crap (SAT2s)
Jul 1, 2003 at 7:31 PM Post #16 of 23
what's the use of taking the SAT2? i know it's used for national certificate of merit, but here in the southeast no colleges really seem to use it for admissions. that's all SAT1 or ACT.

Jul 1, 2003 at 7:36 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by djgustashaw
but here in the southeast no colleges really seem to use it for admissions.

Maybe it has something to do with the schools in the southeast?
wink.gif

Jul 1, 2003 at 8:43 PM Post #19 of 23
hey now vwap, don't you dis georgia tech.
biggrin.gif
have all the fun you want with UGA, auburn, alabama, etc, but GT is third overall for engineering in the nation (behind only MIT and cal tech). and they have the single best civil engineering department in the country, and for that matter, probably the world, too. that's where i'm hoping to go.

Jul 1, 2003 at 9:15 PM Post #20 of 23
I don't think you can just take SAT scores as a measurement of ability without controlling for post count. Once your post count is taken into account (maybe mention it in the personal essay), the score will look positively great. Hey, how many other people can perform at that level while maintaining a stringent schedule of head-fi posting.
evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2003 at 9:25 PM Post #21 of 23
Heh.. I went to a school that didn't require SAT2's.. Probably because (a): I'm a slacker and (b): I'm a slacker.

But hey.. I still enjoy where I go.. so.. yeah.
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2003 at 9:26 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by djgustashaw
hey now vwap, don't you dis georgia tech.
biggrin.gif
have all the fun you want with UGA, auburn, alabama, etc, but GT is third overall for engineering in the nation (behind only MIT and cal tech). and they have the single best civil engineering department in the country, and for that matter, probably the world, too. that's where i'm hoping to go.

COUGH

Actually my dad went to Tech so Kudos to you!

May 21, 2006 at 2:27 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrzejpw
Well, I got my SAT 2 scores today. All pretty good, except for one: Math IIC

700 Writing, 770 Chemistry, 680 Math IIC. I knew I should have taken it last year, when I finished precalculus.
frown.gif

So, I'm asking: how likely is it that the poor math score will affect my prospects for college? I'm looking at some top tier schools (MIT, CMU). I'm still #1 in my class with a 4.0 GPA. Will colleges realize that the year in Calculus has tempered my skills in trig and precalc(though I realize, that's no excuse)?

Guess that that score didn't really hurt you because you went to MIT... No one from our school made it to MIT this year...

I'm also taking the Math IIC and the barrons practice tests are so HARD, but the real SAT Subject test should be easier...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back