agalloch - the silence of forgotten landscapes
Nov 11, 2009 at 9:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

golgi

500+ Head-Fier
Anybody seen this new DVD release? Is it worth getting? I've seen posts by Haughm himself that make me doubt the quality of it.

Nov 11, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by golgi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody seen this new DVD release? Is it worth getting? I've seen posts by Haughm himself that make me doubt the quality of it.

I cannot believe that I forgot about checking up on them. I will read up on it. golgi, do you have any links regarding your last sentence?

Nov 12, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #3 of 8
You know I probably shouldn't jump to conclusions that it truly is John Haughm but seems convincing-
Best reason to post again: new Agalloch DVD is out - Ultimate Metal Forum

Quote:

"We weren't even told. I heard about it via our stupid Lastfm page.

I do have to say that we aren't 100% satisfied with it. It is interesting for what it is but considering the disasterous conditions it was filmed under (mainly me having a 102 degree fever on stage and several technical issues), it is a miracle that show and DVD even happened. There were a lot of problems in the post production as well which is why it was so delayed. I think we made something kind of cool out of the ****ty footage (Novembers Doom had the same crew/problems when they did their Belgium DVD - again organized by the Metalzone people).

Think of it as more of an obscure curiousity item created by the people at Shiver Recs/Metalzone than something the band really planned for. It was very last minute and organized by the promoter of that particular gig. I was so sick, I really didn't care what was going on. I just wanted it over with.

JH"

Nov 12, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #4 of 8
If it is him, you have to respect him for speaking his mind. I will probably not get it, as they are really a studio band (or actually see them live). I will definitely get their next album though.

Nov 12, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #5 of 8
For sure, total respect for his honesty on that.

Nov 12, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #6 of 8
Yeah, I might pass. Shame, I'd love a proper live album but audio only, like on CD/vinyl.

Nov 12, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #7 of 8
Ok so on a slightly different subject, have you two ever checked out Nothing or Sculptured?

I have not and am curious if either is worth checking out.

Nov 12, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #8 of 8
I have Sculptured's Embodiment. I'll be honest; I listened to it once and haven't listened to it since. It didn't grab me at the time but maybe I wasn't in the right headspace or was expecting another The Mantle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back