Affordable CD Transport
Sep 23, 2011 at 8:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dyl1dyl

Aka: dercius
Hey guys, I'm looking for an affordable cd transport to use in my bedroom, probably in conjunction with the upcoming Schiit Statement Dac and Amp as well as the LCD 2 rev 2s. My budget is around $500, since I already have a world class transport in my main setup. 
Please throw up some recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Sep 23, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #2 of 7
I'd look for an older Rega Planet. I have one of the original ones and it works great as a transport.

Also, the build quality is nice and the cast aluminum case looks terrific. You should be able to find one for well under $500.

Sep 23, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #3 of 7
Find yourself a Pioneer Elite PD-65.  Stable platter design -- still an absolutely terrific transport.

Sep 24, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
Hey guys, I'm looking for an affordable cd transport to use in my bedroom, probably in conjunction with the upcoming Schiit Statement Dac and Amp as well as the LCD 2 rev 2s. My budget is around $500, since I already have a world class transport in my main setup. 
Please throw up some recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Where were you two months ago when I was selling my Pacific Valve Vanguard CDM 12?

Also, if you don't know about Audiogon take a look there for used gear.
http://www.audiogon.com/ 

Sep 29, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #6 of 7
Thanks for the advice guys, may go with the littledot, seems like there isnt really anything that suits me apart from that. After some research, most of the dedicated transports are all high end models like my moon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back