AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Apr 22, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #1,055 of 5,483
Just for fun,

5 stages of loss.  We've all experienced this before.

1. Denial. No it can't be.  This is the "counter" issue.
2. Anger. Wth,  Dan should have "fixed" the said "counter" issue.  How could I know it was gone?  I wanted to be the last one.
3. Bargaining.  If only the "counter" was working.
4. Depression.  Sulk. Infinite loop.
5. Acceptance.  It is what it is.  I'll commit next time there is new tech\designs.  Well, maybe I'll go and buy a Utopia.

I'm sure we are all familiar with this.  I've learned if you like something, just do it.  You could die by the time something else comes along.

Cheers,

Apr 23, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #1,056 of 5,483
OH DEAR dear me.. I told myself I didn't need it... didnt work. BOUGHT IT!
biggrin.gif

Sometimes the temptation is just too strong!

Apr 23, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #1,058 of 5,483
Ugh...they are finally out.  I guess I am relieved because I don't NEED another pair of closed back headphones, but, I could not help but feel these would really give my Audeze EL 8 Titaniums a run for their money.  In the long run this will likely just end up costing me another $100 when they come back in stock.

I'll try and hold off on these as long as I can though.  I am sure Mr. Speakers is reading my (our?) mind and by the end of the year will replace that cool looking carbon fiber piece with an open back grille and a new color...right!?

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #1,060 of 5,483
I tried out the Aeon at Axpona yesterday and I do think they deliver. They feel heavier in my hand than I expected, whereas the Ether Flow open felt lighter than I'd thought. But the Aeon are extremely comfortable on my head, and really sounded great. They said shipping is slightly delayed, should go out mid-May. Something to look forward to.

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #1,062 of 5,483
With the MrSpeakers Aeon's sound signature should I get the Sony WM1A (said to be more neutral) or WM1Z (said to be a tad warmer)?

I heard them both and didn't find that there was a huge difference in the sound signature of the two players. The 1A is a beautiful player, will match wonderfully with the Aeon and will save you a ton of money. 

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #1,064 of 5,483
Bought a micro idsd black label in anticipation of receiving my AEON. Haven't even heard the AEON (and hadn't heard the black label before it arrived, for that matter). Was just excited. The black label makes my HE-400S sing so I hope it will do the same for AEON. Can't wait!

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #1,065 of 5,483
I am very impressed with the idsd BL. In fact it has become my regular amp for my ETHER Flow. idsd BL connected to my Android phone makes for one of the most impressive portable solutions that I've heard. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back