Advices to buy next cans!
Apr 17, 2013 at 8:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

ax0nom

New Head-Fier
Hi!

I joined this community just now but I have been reading it since a long time ago.

I own the AKG k271 Mk. II, and the IEM RE0, because I try to produce a bit of music, and now I would like to buy a new headphone to enjoy listening to music.

My musical preferences are very variated so the sound signature of the headphone won't be a problem at all.

So my choices are:

- AKG K702/Q701-Q702
   - Hifiman HE-300
   - Brainwavz HM5
   - Sennheisser HD650
   - Alessandro MS1i

I would thank if you could explain which EQ do these headphones have. (if they are flat, balanced, v-shaped...)

Thank you very much!

Apr 17, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #2 of 23
Quote:
Hi!

I joined this community just now but I have been reading it since a long time ago.

I own the AKG k271 Mk. II, and the IEM RE0, because I try to produce a bit of music, and now I would like to buy a new headphone to enjoy listening to music.

My musical preferences are very variated so the sound signature of the headphone won't be a problem at all.

So my choices are:

- AKG K702/Q701-Q702
   - Hifiman HE-300
   - Brainwavz HM5
   - Sennheisser HD650

I would thank if you could explain which EQ do these headphones have. (if they are flat, balanced, v-shaped...)

Thank you very much!

i dont think you mean EQ, i think you mean sound signature. i dont have any of the 4 headphones, so i wont comment on which choice you may want to look into. however, apparently according to reading reviews, akg will be bright, hifiman and sennheiser will be warm, and brainwavz will be neutral. thats the general consensus, however you should read reviews for them and wait for other people who actually have the headphones to chime in. 

Apr 17, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #3 of 23
Thanks for your answer! Yes! I'm reading a lot about them, one point that I would also consider is the possibility to bring them to the street! I like to have long walks... :wink:

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #13 of 23
Just my opinion, but buying the HE-300s is pointless. Yes they are still Hifiman, but they are dynamic drivers, when hifiman is known for orthos. For the price there are better dynamics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back