Advice
Dec 3, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #33 of 57
My opinion about a headphone does not matter. I'm not an audiophile, in fact I use 20$ headset.
I'm in a project at high school and I need a headphone which works perfectly to demonstrate the 3D formula. We work in group of 5 people and we can afford 1 expensive headphone. We designed a device which process a sound and locate the sound where the user wants. It's super precise (something like a homemade 7.1 soundcard).
So we need a headphone which defines very well the position of a sound.

Dec 4, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #36 of 57

Quote:
The OP clarified this in post #22. But to address your question - it's irrelevant. 

Quote:
^ Thank goodness the OP didn't list that as one of his criteria. What closed back headphone that you have heard, out-performs the W5000 in this area in your opinion?

Oh I see. It's disappointing that you regard my question as irrelevant within the context of this thread. I was just interested in your opinion that's all.

Dec 4, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #37 of 57
The W5000 is not being considered. And so a comparison of it to other headphones is not relevant. I've already provided relevant suggestions. But if for your own purposes you're interested in a comparison of the W5000 to other headphones, I suggest doing a Google search or search Head-Fi. 

Quote:
Oh I see. It's disappointing that you regard my question as irrelevant within the context of this thread. I was just interested in your opinion that's all.

Dec 4, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #38 of 57

Quote:

The OP's post.
Quote:
Not many here will have gamed with the ATH-W5000. A quick Google search of "ATH-W5000 open" (it is closed), and I immediately found a couple reviews that would make me shy away from wanting to use it for positional audio. Search "W5000" on Head-Fi, or Google ATH-W5000 with the words "FPS", "open", or "closed" for more. 

Quote:

Your reply.

Quote:
The W5000 is not being considered. And so a comparison of it to other headphones is not relevant. I've already provided relevant suggestions. But if for your own purposes you're interested in a comparison of the W5000 to other headphones, I suggest doing a Google search or search Head-Fi. 

Quote:

Based on the above posts, I think it's a fair presumption that the OP was considering the W5000 as a possible closed back headphone for music listening - not gaming.

I'm quite capable of conducting a search of Head-Fi and Google. However, I was interested in your opinion, given that you appear to have heard the W5000. I wanted to know what recommendations you would make for an alternative closed back headphone, that met the OP's criteria as stated at the beginning of this thread.

Dec 4, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #39 of 57
Right, the OP asked about the W5000 - past tense. Again, I already addressed this. The W5000 is not being considered - current tense.  

Quote:
Quote:

The OP's post.
Quote:
Not many here will have gamed with the ATH-W5000. A quick Google search of "ATH-W5000 open" (it is closed), and I immediately found a couple reviews that would make me shy away from wanting to use it for positional audio. Search "W5000" on Head-Fi, or Google ATH-W5000 with the words "FPS", "open", or "closed" for more. 

Quote:

Your reply.

Quote:

Quote:

Based on the above posts, I think it's a fair presumption that the OP was considering the W5000 as a possible closed back headphone for music listening - not gaming.

I'm quite capable of conducting a search of Head-Fi and Google. However, I was interested in your opinion, given that you appear to have heard the W5000. I wanted to know what recommendations you would make for an alternative closed back headphone, that met the OP's criteria as stated at the beginning of this thread.

Dec 4, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #40 of 57
^ Thanks for your generosity of spirit. It's been a pleasure communicating with you.

PS Having just read over your posts in this thread, it is now apparent to me that your assessment of the W5000's "positional audio" capabilities, is based entirely upon what you have gleaned from a Google and Head-Fi search. Your bold statement that "If positional audio is the priority, FWIR, I'm not sold on the W5000 regardless of price.", led me to mistakenly presume that you had actually heard this headphone. I'm afraid that your use of the "From What I've Read" acronym didn't register with me, which again is my mistake. I should have realised that your opinion was solely predicated upon what you have read, and your willingness to accept this as authoritative. That goes some way to explaining your curt responses to my posts. So I am sorry to have wasted your time, and especially mine. 

Dec 6, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #41 of 57
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back