Advice on Next Move: Shure SE425 to Heir XX?
Apr 18, 2013 at 11:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Iron-Buddha

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Currently using SE425 and XBA-3 with Accudio on my iPhone 5, paired with a RSA Tomahawk.   I like how Accudio fixed some of the muddiness of the SE425 so am currently happy with the sound.   However, all the Heir threads have had me curious about the 4a, 4ai and the new 5.0.   

So the hard call is CIEM 4a or the new 5.0?   They are around the same ballpark but can't find too much on the 5.0 other than the impressions thread.   Or go with the 4ai and save a few bucks.

Will either of these give me a solid bump in sound quality?   I noticed the XBA-3's had wider imaging and soundstage, which made them enjoyable but for the harsh treble, which ultimately made them unbearable for long periods.  The SE425 sound more natural and had better instrument placement and are my go-tos for now but do feel closed in.

Would love more clarity, wider soundstage and a bit more bass.    The Shures do sound closed in, which is my major gripe.   Hopefully the next IEM will be my "last" IEM for some time and allow me to drop any kind of software EQ.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back