Advice on KRK Rokit RP-6 G2 setup?
Sep 3, 2011 at 1:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Twisp

New Head-Fier
Ok, so, I'm set on buying the speakers in the title... However I'm not entierly sure how I'd go about connecting them to my computer. I've been reading so much about it these last two days that my head is kinda spinning.

Right now I have an onboard soundcard, kinda new but still... onboard, so I wanna upgrade that too which means I either buy a new soundcard or I buy a DAC. I mainly listen to music these days so currently I'm pretty set on a DAC.

I know that to connect the speakers to my onboard I'd just get a 3,5mm to RCA cable, correct? This would be a temporary solution until next month or so when I can buy a better source.

Here's where most of my confusion arise:

Let's say i got the HRT Music Streamer II, then i'd just connect the speakers through RCA (duh...), would this be ideal? What if i got a DAC with other connection options like optical or coaxial (I'm pretty confused as to what this is...), would this then be better than RCA? If that's the case  then what cables would I need? 

My motherboard has an S/PDIF out and HDMI would those be other valid connection options either directly to the speakers or to a DAC and then speakers (again...what kind of cables would i need?)?

God this is confusing... If all of this just sounds like complete gibberish then I'm sorry, link me to some useful info and I'll educate myself further and see if that helps.

//Thanks in advance, Twisp.

Sep 3, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #3 of 7
Well u would be feeding digital into a DAC for the magic to occur and so if u do get one the likeliest suspect would be optical/coax or USB if u decided to go with a USB DAC HDMI in the most likely scenario would be if you connecting to an AVR me thinks hehe 

Sep 6, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #6 of 7
Yep u are welcomed and happy shopping 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back