Advice on a comfortable headphone comparable to the AD900X
Aug 16, 2013 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DScience

New Head-Fier
Long story short, I started with the ATH AD700's and loved them. They fit loose, but the clamping pressure was perfect for me. Well I recently upgraded to the AD900X, and i've been using them for the past few days. Immediately I realized that the clamping pressure on these was greater. Yesterday I developed a bad headache, close to a migraine that lasted all night. 

This evening I was listening to my headphones again and I started to get another headache. I am extremely sensitive to things around my head. For instance headbands, if they are too tight, will almost always give me a headache. Anyway now I have a dilemma:

Does anyone know of any headphones with equal or greater quality sound than the AD900X, but with less clamping pressure? Please let me know your recommendations as I need to return these ASAP.

Thanks!

Aug 16, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm surprised, my ATH-A900Xs seem to have a light grip, would think the AD900X are around the same.

Aug 17, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #3 of 3
Me too....I mean they are not tight by any means, I guess i'm just ultra sensitive. 

I have loosened them up a bit. I put them over the arm of my couch, which is larger then my head, and they seem to be better. We'll after some testing today. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back