Advanced AcousticWerkes partners with Null-Audio for new line of low cost CIEMs, including hybrids
Feb 17, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #376 of 474

Guess what, I emailed AAW about this earlier bcos I had a bit of confusion as well. I would also guess red increases bass (warmer), but customer service informed me that the blue dot is in fact full hybrid mode (and max bass effectively) whereas the red dot is full BA mode (min bass). What I noticed, is that turning the dial towards the red dot tends to increase the volume as well, so judging whether it has the most bass or not is tougher bcos of the overall increased volume. Even with this knowledge, after tinkering for a few days my sound preference is blue dot all the way haha.

Basshead alert!!

Feb 24, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #378 of 474
Thanks mate, the Jomo places are all a bit ulu ulu so I think I wait for CamJam where I can directly compare them.

Would be nice if Jaben also becomes a distributor for jomo...

I wish AAW also have watchpart designs...

yes, they have it

eNYexp2.jpg

photo taken from their Facebook

Feb 24, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #381 of 474
the h3pro is really great intro to the world of ciem. I will never go back to universal. If you love bass, this is it with an amp. But my sound preference is something brighter like dn2j though. I'm not saying it's not good, I'm just a treble head so I'm saving up for their w500a.

Feb 25, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #382 of 474
Hmm, I don't think it's lacking in treble. If anything it needs some smoothing out. Not to say it's a bright sound though.

Is the w500a what you want though? Reading impressions and it sounds even warmer and bassier than the a3hpro.

Regardless, I do agree that the a3hpro is a great entry into ciems at an affordable price.

Feb 26, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #383 of 474
Just wanted to chime in with my two cents. I haven't heard the a3hpro, but I have the W500 morph. It's fun to be able to go from a thinner more mid-centric sound ( set at the red dot) to a reference sound with bass (set at the gold/yellow dot) and then to a fun sounding signature set at the blue(hearing the bass rumble at the same time percussion and bass lines are easily defined). After saying all this, I would not consider the W500 to be a treble heads iem. I hope you find what you are looking for. cheers

Feb 28, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #384 of 474

Guess what, I emailed AAW about this earlier bcos I had a bit of confusion as well. I would also guess red increases bass (red=warmer), but customer service informed me that the blue dot is in fact full hybrid mode (and max bass effectively) whereas the red dot is full BA mode (min bass). What I noticed, is that turning the dial towards the red dot tends to increase the volume as well, so judging whether it has the most bass or not is tougher bcos of the overall increased volume. Even with this knowledge, after tinkering for a few days my sound preference is blue dot all the way haha.

Yes. Blue dot all the way, baby!

Bass boost (via your DAP or amp) for even more fun. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #386 of 474
What do folks here think of the current Massdrop option for the W300AR (for as little as $449 USD)?

I'm trying to pick my first CIEMs and am on the fence about a 1964 A3, the W300AR, or FLC's tunable CIEMs (when available).  I'm hoping to spend in the $500 range, so this drop seems well-timed.

Mar 5, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #387 of 474
I haven't heard it yet but it seems like a really good deal to me at 37% off.  
btw, i'm listening to trance on my a3hpro powered by a fiio e18. The BASS is so GOOOOOD!!!  They hit hard and the volume is limitless, while remaining clear.  So engaging!  

Mar 5, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #388 of 474
  What do folks here think of the current Massdrop option for the W300AR (for as little as $449 USD)?

I'm trying to pick my first CIEMs and am on the fence about a 1964 A3, the W300AR, or FLC's tunable CIEMs (when available).  I'm hoping to spend in the $500 range, so this drop seems well-timed.

Out of those three, AAW is the most aesthetically pleasing though. That's a big part to me on CIEMs, as if you're putting a lot of money into it, it better look good

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #390 of 474
Hi Folks, just an update on the Massdrop W300AR project, we have unlocked free global shipping and complementary faceplate inserts as per the previous drop. Join drop before it is gone!

Visit Massdrop to parcitipate! Only 3 days left!

From Advanced AcousticWerkes’ Meister line comes the W300AR, a custom in-ear monitor that uses one 9-millimeter dynamic driver and two balanced armature drivers tuned with a passive three-way crossover. The result is clear, detailed sound with a forward, smooth delivery in the mids and tight (but not excessive) bass. To ensure they’re tailored to your ears and your sense of style, these come with a host of customizable features.

Check out this Headfonics review to learn more about the W300AR CIEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back