Advanced AcousticWerkes partners with Null-Audio for new line of low cost CIEMs, including hybrids
Dec 2, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #16 of 474
Ordered the W500
smily_headphones1.gif

I think you are suffering from Customus Orderitis. It is a very severe condition.

Dec 2, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #17 of 474
I ordered the M20 a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the waiting time right now seems to be rather high - I was quoted a minimum of 8 weeks.

I spent hours trying out all of their demos (W500 was not available at the time) and the M20 is really the most impressive in terms of price/performance ratio. It basically is at the heels of the W300 (the demo atleast) in terms of overall performance while being half the price. Just could not resist :-D.

I will update once I receive the iems.

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #18 of 474
I ordered the M20 a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the waiting time right now seems to be rather high - I was quoted a minimum of 8 weeks.

I spent hours trying out all of their demos (W500 was not available at the time) and the M20 is really the most impressive in terms of price/performance ratio. It basically is at the heels of the W300 (the demo atleast) in terms of overall performance while being half the price. Just could not resist :-D.

I will update once I receive the iems.

I personally felt that the W300 was very well done to the extent that the then tuning of W500 made it a bit hard to justify which was the actual flagship. I think I've recommended the W300 quite a few times when people ask me about the AAW line up. Saving up for one set in the future hehe

Dec 3, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #19 of 474
I personally felt that the W300 was very well done to the extent that the then tuning of W500 made it a bit hard to justify which was the actual flagship. I think I've recommended the W300 quite a few times when people ask me about the AAW line up. Saving up for one set in the future hehe

The W300 is also very nice sounding. Actually I liked the W350 a bit more than the W300. It has a very natural and airy sound with excellent separation. If I had the budget I would have gone for the W350, but at that time I was saving up for the black friday sale lol! 

One interesting point though -  it seemed to me AAW does not have a house sound in their line up. Most of their iems are very different sounding from each other except for the W300/350 and M20. These 3 are quite close. 

Dec 3, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #20 of 474
  I think you are suffering from Customus Orderitis. It is a very severe condition.

The only treatment my dealer gave me was more more more customs.

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #21 of 474
I just discovered Null Audio like, 10 minutes ago. :/ it's quite unbelievable to me that there's a CIEM company offering affordable CIEMs in my hometown. Subbed for future reference.

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #22 of 474
So after about 8 weeks of wait, I finally have the M20's with me. Unfortunately I did not have much time to spend with it today but here are my thoughts so far - 

1. Fit: Just amazing. I was really worried as I have read countless stories of custom iems needing a refit but to my surprise, the fit turned to be just amazing. I can keep the seal regardless of yawning, chewing, or jumping around. The fit always remains snug albeit a bit tight, but I dont mind the very slight pressure at all.

2. Finish: Seems to be good but as these are my first customs I dont have a reference for comparison.

3. Isolation: It is almost jarring how much it isolates. It is significantly more than the Dunu DN1000 + comply and a very deep fit.

4. Sound: Not enough time spent to give any solid impressions but so far they sound better than the demo I tried in the store. Definitely slots above the GR07 Classic and Dunu I have been using for the last few months. More on this later.

I am more than happy with my purchase. I think for the price these are a steal.

May 6, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #23 of 474
Anyone else ordered from AAW recently? I tried A2H-V, and really like them as my first CIEMs. Great value for the price as well. Unfortunately I was told that AAW is currently shifting their lab, and can't take in any orders for now. :frowning2:

Jun 15, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #25 of 474
So i just availed of AAW reshell service through null-audio.

They allowed me to combine 2 of my customs. They were also kind enough to get my inputs on how they will tune it.

Will provide feedback once i get the finish product. So far service is good.

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #27 of 474
  wa 

can any how combine or not like 2 adel 12?

the result would depend on how they would be able to tune both customs. i was also surprised that they allowed me to do a combination. i asked UM beforehand and they didn't liked the idea of combining 2 iems due to the fact that they are unsure how the end result would be.

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #28 of 474

the result would depend on how they would be able to tune both customs. i was also surprised that they allowed me to do a combination. i asked UM beforehand and they didn't liked the idea of combining 2 iems due to the fact that they are unsure how the end result would be.

it sound like they simi lan sai also can do lei lol which custom you send in?

Jul 13, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #29 of 474
This thread could use some love, let me chime in for a bit
biggrin.gif

I own both A2H-V and W300AR, was one of the first few to own the A2H-V and I received mine within 3 weeks when it first launched. Sound to me, was pretty average and i felt it was lacking the bass. However i do think they push above their price bracket overall ( Especially considering their CIEMs )

Funny thing is the Astrotec AX-30 seems to have the exact same specs as the A2H, same drivers used maybe?

How does both of them compare against each other ?

Jul 13, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #30 of 474
The Bass of the A2H-V is pretty weak. It's there, but nowhere as impactful and prominent than the W300s which certainly the best bass I've heard on any C/IEMS I own Vocals are pretty nice on both too.

Treble is definitely much better in the W300, which is likely its main attraction. It is able to reproduce very high frequency sounds that is simply missing from the A2H-V. Going back and forth between other IEMS. It seems like there's a un-filled void

However , when first got it, I was simply not used to the really prominent treble. I even enquired if I could have a low-pass filter installed. On some tracks where cymbals are loud enough, the treble sounds really really harsh and sometimes sibilant. It could just be a poorly mastered track though.

Otherwise, the prominent treble makes for a very pleasent listening experience where everything seems to be in place on 90% of my songs

The treble on the A2H-V is no slouch either , but compared to other earphones I own, there just really isn't a shine to it. It's a earphone that to me, does nothing wrong. The Mids hump is nice for vocals and for its price is definitely a steal

The W300s to me are worth much more in value for money. I find it better to the Merlins in terms of bass, and the sound signature is somewhat similar to the higher end W500s ( not the morph )

Hope you're satisfied with my short comparison!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back