ADORAMA Nightmare
Dec 6, 2014 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Koukol

1000+ Head-Fier
I sure hope I'm allowed to post this here.

I'd like to warn other members of Adorama's policies.

I live in Canada and earlier this year I bought the AKG K601's from Adorama US online this year.
Knowing they're an authorized dealer I thought I'd be covered if anything went wrong.

WRONG.

The left speaker stopped working last week so I contacted Adorama and they told me to contact Harmon US.
HarmonUS told me since I live in Canada I must contact the Canadian warranty provider in Quebec.
But the Canadian warranty provider told me since I bought them online from the US I must contact the American warranty provider (HarmonUS)

So I ended up contacting AKG headquarters in Austria who E-mailed me that Adorama sold them to me so THEY must honor the 2 year warranty.
I forwarded this  E-mail to Adorama and it achieved nothing...they don't care.

Fortunately AKG told me to contact them if nothing works out (Adorama refuses to honor our contract) and they will hopefully find someone in Canada to fix them.
I'll now have to get back to them.

So...buyer beware, guys.

Dec 7, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #2 of 5
Please accept my apologies for any confusion or inconvenience caused - can you email me: Helen@adorama.com with your order number and I'll be delighted to see what I may be able to do to help

Btw Adorama IS an authorised AKG dealer: http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=brands

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #3 of 5
Please accept my apologies for any confusion or inconvenience caused - can you email me: Helen@adorama.com with your order number and I'll be delighted to see what I may be able to do to help

Btw Adorama IS an authorised AKG dealer: http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=brands

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com

Thanks Helen.

I used the wrong word "thinking" (you're an authorized dealer) to "knowing" because I knew that... which is why I bought from you.

Anyways, E-mail will be sent.

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #4 of 5
Helen from Adorama offered to replace the headphones before I got a reply from the Canadian warranty provider to fix them.

So I'm a happy camper if this works out.

Thanks for the offer, Helen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back