adios (my turn)
Sep 24, 2003 at 1:25 AM Post #31 of 75
Good bye kelly.
frown.gif

Sep 24, 2003 at 2:55 AM Post #33 of 75
OF all the people here, I am one of those who SHOULD be offended by all the swearing and such that goes on, but I just breeze by it. I shutdown the avatars so I don't have to look at those, and I know who are the people who tend to cuss A LOT, and I peruse ther posts quickly, and, like eating fish, eat the flesh and spit out the bones. There's no other way to do things here.

Having said that, sometimes the swearing does get out of hand and goes a bit overboard. It is a lot of times unecessary and often used for insulting or degrading others.

Kelly,

While I found your manner abrasive and often condescending, I will truly miss your presence here at head-fi. Your reviews influenced some of my decisions for purchases and were always a treat to read them.

Sep 24, 2003 at 2:55 AM Post #34 of 75
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
bye, buddy.

remember this thread: http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...light=swearing ?

I stand by what I said in that thread, but If Jude doesn't want us to cuss anymore, then so be it, I never cuss at work, it's no biggie, I won't die without cussing.

So long Kelly, your reviews were always some of the very best ever posted here.

Sep 24, 2003 at 9:07 AM Post #35 of 75
Quote:

Originally posted by jude

.Adios. [/B]

Sorry Jude, I don't like your attitude with Kelly. You are "bigger" than that.

Best

Ari

Sep 24, 2003 at 7:54 PM Post #38 of 75
Quote:

Originally posted by nebuchadnezzar
well that screwpiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip*** sucks

Remember no swearing here from now on!!!

Sep 24, 2003 at 9:51 PM Post #40 of 75
I'm not quite sure what is up with all the defections at the moment... or, maybe I should say, the grand exits... I sometimes get really fed up with the place, for my own reasons... but I don't think (although you guys can correct me if i'm wrong
wink.gif
) that i've ever been vocal about it...

...I think maybe some people here just need some time out - the place is evolving, there is no doubt about that... it was a niche place, and now with in excess of half a million posts, the rules, and the boundaries are changing - sure, thats not going to be to everyones liking, but these things have to be done, else this place will just end up in the same condition as all the other boards everyone complains about............

Regardless, you all know the moderators here - if you have a real axe to grind, throw some PMs our way... There is always a reason for the actions...

Personally I feel a little out of the loop, never getting any of those 'report this post to a moderator' things... so, if you're agrieved - try sending me a PM... will give me something to do apart from listening to Discmen all the time
wink.gif

Sep 25, 2003 at 3:20 AM Post #41 of 75
Headphoneus Supremus

I thought that was like getting tenure.

Have we no respect for clever monikers?!?

I remember kellys posts from when I first got here, always entertaining.
I went and read all of his "offensive" posts. I think there is a difference between adolescent vulgarity and "flavor"
Kelly=flavor

oh dang, now I sound gay. Does that mean I have to "whine" and leave... or am I going to get kicked out for saying "gay."

AUTHORS NOTE:
I remember scypt too, came here same time as me. also good people. (thats why i put "whine" in question marks)

Sep 26, 2003 at 6:21 PM Post #43 of 75
Quote:

Originally posted by raif
I remember scypt too

Apparently not too well, his user name was scrypt!
biggrin.gif

Sep 26, 2003 at 8:23 PM Post #44 of 75
Pretty obvious who of kelly/jude has shown themselves as the adult here. There's a time and place for swearing on the internet, that place is IRC.

-dd3mon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back