Adding lapel mic + remote to earphones -- feasible?
Aug 18, 2010 at 1:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

morgtron

New Head-Fier
I bought a pair of ATH-ANC7s a few months ago, and absolutely love them. I haven't really tried any other IEMs so I don't really have anything to compare them to, but they are more than enough for my needs and I have no real need at the moment for more than one pair of earphones. The problem is, I need something with an attached mic (and preferably remote). I looked at some reviews of the Etymotic HF2s, and they seem quite impressive, but again, I don't really want to buy another pair of headphones so soon.
So, I was thinking -- would it be possible (both in theory and practice) to join the ATH-ANC7s with the remote and mic from another pair of headphones? The stock iPhones come to mind (although the white colour is annoying). I should mention I have little experience with this kind of work but I don't mind a bit of tinkering. So -- ideas, suggestions, advice?

Aug 18, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 2
The easiest answer is to add one of the phone adapters with mic and remote functions. Amazon.com has several.

Another approach that I'm about to try is recabling earphones using the cable from a mic/remote IEM. I'll be using the very nice cable assembly from MEElec M9P's that I don't use now that I have the delightful Fischer DBA-02's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back