AD 700 Pad replacing
Jan 8, 2013 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

loki993

500+ Head-Fier
Ok so even since I got my DT770 Pro 80s the AD700s sit. I'm a basshead and I just like the bass better on the DT770s, plus the AD700s I never liked the way they fit. Too loose and just never felt like they were on my head good. Though even as a basshead I can appriciate these headphones, love the mids and highs though and the airyness of them, honestly the only gripe I ever had about them was the lack of bass. Its just hard to go between the 2 different phones because they're so different you get used to one and if you change the other sounds like crap for a while until you get used to that one again.  

Anyway, Ive recently started gaming again that's what they were originally for. I'm wearing them and the pads are scratchier then I recall them being. Ive tried pulling on the pads a bit but they really don't seem to want to come off. Is there a trick to getting them off?

Also is there somewhere I can get different pads for these? Maybe thicker ones that can be made to fit? Id imagine thicker pads could solve 2 problems. 1 being the lose clamping we all know that plague these and secondly maybe give them a bit better bass. 

Don't know. Just looking for possible options, I like to tinker. They're fine with way they re honestly, it would be nice to make them a little better though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back