Action against Storm Digital
Oct 9, 2006 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 311

Thaddy

Headphoneus Supremus
It seems a lot of members are tired of waiting with $500-sized hole in their pocket, so let's dedicat this thread to the organization of further action against Storm Digital.

If a moderator wants to move this thread to the members lounge, feel free.

Oct 9, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 311
Please post ONLY if this applies to you.

Oct 9, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 311
edited. per ABA requirements

Oct 9, 2006 at 6:39 PM Post #5 of 311
Quick reminder... anyone that paid through CC can be reimbursed with a phone call. If you paid PayPal and it went to CC same thing, no need to get PayPal involved just call your CC and say goods/services were never provided and if 90 days have passed you will be refunded.

Oct 9, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #6 of 311
I am waiting for Paypal Buyer Credit paperwork to arrive any day now, at which point I will be taking action against Alvin Fok (sadly, required by law). I suggest you contact him about joining this as well, as he may be aware of other legal actions to take being in China.

Should that route not pan out, count me in.

Oct 9, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #7 of 311
Alvin stated he was going to be away on business for a week I believe. I'm going to call my bank in the next few days to figure out my options, since I payed via Paypal through my checking account.

I think my only options left are A) legal action, or B) hope Ken shows up and ships my DAC. Given the information at hand, my best option is A, so it's something I want to explore, and I want to know how many other members are with me or are still trying to find another way to try and get money back.

Oct 9, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #8 of 311
I'd be willing to get in on whatever legal action you guys come up with. I can provide whatever information is needed. I've got all my correspondence with Ken, dates, etc... just tell me who to send it to or whatever.

Oct 9, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #9 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty
I'd be willing to get in on whatever legal action you guys come up with. I can provide whatever information is needed. I've got all my correspondence with Ken, dates, etc... just tell me who to send it to or whatever.

Yeah, I got that stuff too. Thank gmail for never deleting anything. I will actually go in on this as of now, as I don't know how the stuff with my credit card company will play out. Assuming Alvin tags along for the ride, the party would just switch in the event of me getting a refund.

Daryn

Oct 10, 2006 at 1:06 AM Post #10 of 311
Hey guys just wanted to let you know, you can get your money back if you paid with your credit card. I called discover a few days ago and told them what happened, and they are going to look into the situation more and determine if it is in fact fraud or if I am just trying to get money.

Oct 10, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #11 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
Hey guys just wanted to let you know, you can get your money back if you paid with your credit card. I called discover a few days ago and told them what happened, and they are going to look into the situation more and determine if it is in fact fraud or if I am just trying to get money.

so moral of the story is pay with cc when ever possible for any purchases you consider sizable.

Oct 10, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #12 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert
so moral of the story is pay with cc when ever possible for any purchases you consider sizable.

Don't forget some banks will work the same way. So for those of you who have paid with paypal via your checking account then check with your bank on their fraud policies.

Oct 10, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #13 of 311
I've been told that using a CC + paypal doesn't work, and the CC company will often decline to reimburse you. The logic is that you used the card to pay paypal and the transaction was completed successfully. Then, you instructed paypal to send the money to someone else. This second transaction is not the responsibility of the CC company.

Is this true? Has anyone successfully gotten a credit when paying the CC + paypal?

Oct 10, 2006 at 3:33 AM Post #15 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by rumatt
I've been told that using a CC + paypal doesn't work, and the CC company will often decline to reimburse you. The logic is that you used the card to pay paypal and the transaction was completed successfully. Then, you instructed paypal to send the money to someone else. This second transaction is not the responsibility of the CC company.

Is this true? Has anyone successfully gotten a credit when paying the CC + paypal?

I have not heard that; when I called my CC company they told me before I could go through them I would have to first try paypal, which was of course out of the question because I was passed the 45 day period. So they said if that didn't work then I could file a fraud report through them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back