ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM!
Jan 23, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #1,022 of 1,234
Is be interested in the reshell a well, though I'm not really up for getting ear molds again.

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #1,024 of 1,234
Just curious. Where and why you reshell yours?

I'm a bit heartbroken seeing this thread died. No more love for encore?

Mine were reshelled in acrylic + silicone by Custom Art for the reasons above : 

- they were broken, the silicon doesn't keep them free of moistures, and that despite a regular use of the Revivo
- the T2 connector on the left side had contact failures : I hate the T2 and prefer much more the 2 pins
- I didn't like the way the shell fitted my antihelix and the crus of the helix, the ACS CIEMs fit very securely but I prefer a more low-profile shell : I like the comfort of acrylic shell more and Piotr was able to keep the analog, tube-like sound of the silicon inside an acrylic shell. The best of both world and a very solid solution. 

Since I've the Sony ZX-100 (without the sound limitation) the ACS Encore reshelled by Piotr are back my favorite CIEMs among the S-EM9 and the SE5-U, just because they are easy going with a  many technical and musical qualities of the top the line 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #1,025 of 1,234
It seems ACS has silently redesigned and introduced a new 5 driver UIEM replacing their Encore model.

https://acscustom.com/uk/products/in-ear-monitors/universal-fit

Feb 11, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #1,026 of 1,234
It seems ACS has silently redesigned and introduced a new 5 driver UIEM replacing their Encore model.

I have my ACS Encore on service right now. There was some corrosion that made the sound cut out. They asked me if I was interested in a rebuild to Emotion. Same drivers, but different crossover filtered and sound channels. I said yes of course. Don't know when they are ready, but I'll post my impressions as soon as I get them.

Feb 11, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #1,027 of 1,234

I have my ACS Encore on service right now. There was some corrosion that made the sound cut out. They asked me if I was interested in a rebuild to Emotion. Same drivers, but different crossover filtered and sound channels. I said yes of course. Don't know when they are ready, but I'll post my impressions as soon as I get them.

Could I ask the cost? And what the sound improvement is supposed to be?

Feb 11, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #1,028 of 1,234
Could I ask the cost? And what the sound improvement is supposed to be?

I don't know the cost, but the audiologist said it would be low since he wanted to test this new build on someone who is familiar with high end iems. About the sound I have only the brief descriotion of the universal version. Link in post above. I wont be able to do a direct comparison, but I hope they improve the highs a bit. I also have the Noble Encore and I hope they can close the gap a bit, even though the Nobles are much more expensive. I'll keep you posted.

Feb 14, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #1,030 of 1,234
To my ears they were almost the same, but the tips rolling was very determinant ! That's a pity they continue to use the T2 connector... despite that the ACS Encore remold by Piotr are still my favorite go-to CIEM, completely in love with them 
etysmile.gif

Feb 14, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #1,031 of 1,234
To my ears they were almost the same, but the tips rolling was very determinant ! That's a pity they continue to use the T2 connector... despite that the ACS Encore remold by Piotr are still my favorite go-to CIEM, completely in love with them :etysmile:

OK, I'll bite, have an Encore that sits collecting dust, what does the remold by Piotr do to/for the sound, what's involved, inquiring minds need to know.

Feb 14, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #1,032 of 1,234
OK, I'll bite, have an Encore that sits collecting dust, what does the remold by Piotr do to/for the sound, what's involved, inquiring minds need to know.

I still absolutely love mine. The bass on them is incredible. I wonder whether it was just a case of me getting lucky with a superb fit courtesy of an impression taken by the founder of ACS ?

Feb 14, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #1,033 of 1,234
The bass wasn't the issue, found the treble excessively rolled off, didn't like the net sound (others did find the same thing, though it's certainly not universal (no pun intended :) )

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #1,034 of 1,234
@doctorjazz if your Encore take dust, just send them to Poland to have an expert judgement about the crossover, the drivers or the tubes. I've both the SE5 Ultimate and the Encore and to me they don't lack of high frequencies, so yours are maybe broken or that's the high impedance of your source, or... I don't know. Piotr just reshelled the Encore, he didn't anything to/for the sound. 

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #1,035 of 1,234
@doctorjazz
 if your Encore take dust, just send them to Poland to have an expert judgement about the crossover, the drivers or the tubes. I've both the SE5 Ultimate and the Encore and to me they don't lack of high frequencies, so yours are maybe broken or that's the high impedance of your source, or... I don't know. Piotr just reshelled the Encore, he didn't anything to/for the sound. 

@rollk2
Poland? To whom?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back