ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM!
Sep 5, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #646 of 1,234
From the Linum site...but they're terminated for A & K, May need adaptor for other sources.

Sep 5, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #647 of 1,234
From the Linum site...but they're terminated for A & K, May need adaptor for other sources.

Yup. The T2 connectors are the right ones?

Sep 5, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #648 of 1,234
I believe so...I was in a 3 way conversation with Linum, acs, Ted Allen (for adaptors), 4 way including myself, that is what I'm getting.

Sep 16, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #649 of 1,234
I emailed Linum about the possibility of acquiring one of their cables with TTRS connectors for my ZX2.

I recommend this player with the ACS Encore. Bass so deep that you can feel it in your chest.

Sep 16, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #650 of 1,234
My go to right now is Pono line out into MicroZOTL 2, sounds REALLY nice. Will move the ZOTL to the PC soon, listen to Geek Out Special Edition/Regen/ZOTL/Encore. Like the Pono alone, but sometimes gets a bit muddy, not sure if it's the Pono or just me noticing some recordings are not so great. When I get time, have to A-B them.

Sep 16, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #652 of 1,234
Even with my old Sony A867 the ACS Encore are amazing, full bodied and emotive with the perfect soundstage dimension for each track ! 

Sep 17, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #653 of 1,234
Even with my old Sony A867 the ACS Encore are amazing, full bodied and emotive with the perfect soundstage dimension for each track ! 

I thought they sounded good out of my smartphone, and they did, but they scale with better gear, no question about that. Amping does them no harm at all (although I'm not sure I'd be willing to carry around that behemoth that doctorjazz is so fond of).

I think they excel with rock music and especially rock music that places drums at the forefront. David Bowie's "Let's Dance" and "Tago Mago" by Can really showcase the Encore's full-bodied, speaker-like presentation.

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #654 of 1,234

I thought they sounded good out of my smartphone, and they did, but they scale with better gear, no question about that. Amping does them no harm at all (although I'm not sure I'd be willing to carry around that behemoth that doctorjazz is so fond of).

I think they excel with rock music and especially rock music that places drums at the forefront. David Bowie's "Let's Dance" and "Tago Mago" by Can really showcase the Encore's full-bodied, speaker-like presentation.

Ahhh, agree, the Pono is for portable use, the ZOTL is either at the bedside or connected to the PC, would look very foolish with it in a pocket.
Having said that, I do find the Encore to have more microphonics than I like, using them on, say, a dog walk, find it annoying, have been going to other headphones for that.

Sep 17, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #655 of 1,234
Ahhh, agree, the Pono is for portable use, the ZOTL is either at the bedside or connected to the PC, would look very foolish with it in a pocket.
Having said that, I do find the Encore to have more microphonics than I like, using them on, say, a dog walk, find it annoying, have been going to other headphones for that.
hopefully Linum can make you a Super Balanced BaX terminated for the Pomo to cut down on the microphonics and give you more sq pleasure. :wink:

Sep 17, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #657 of 1,234
Would be nice, though it IS the Linum that comes standard, as you know. I did get the balanced version, now I'm waiting for an adaptor from another vendor so I can use it for the Pono. :)

Sep 19, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #658 of 1,234
All the universals i listened to at canjam couldn't match my encores. Even the Noble 10 , as universals I must point out, didn't do it for me . Lots of love for the Noble Savants but to pit these against my Ciems is not a fair contest

Now I've the perfect fit I can tell you the Encore is certainly the best CIEM/IEM I've ever heard. Musical, realistic, the sound is so thick and precise at the same time... :ksc75smile:

I thought I would re-visit this thread just to write what you both wrote..... After some months of extensive travel with my encores, I can honestly say that in my 20+ years as a dedicated audiophile no portable combo has come close to the zx2+encores. This is as good as it gets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back