ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM!
Feb 5, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #47 of 1,234

Any more details or links on the universals please?  I'm guessing they will be acrylic not silicone?

Thanks

The universals will be acrylic, however they are looking to fill with coloured silicone however clear will certainly be first of the starting block. I think colours will follow later in the year.

Feb 5, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #48 of 1,234
I'm getting my 2nd generation T1s repaired just now (one of the bass drivers had lost power - they're years old by now), and have taken the opportunity while I have them on email to ask a few questions - the customer service is consistently great in my experience - these are my favourite company in any market or business anywhere I have to say.

Richard says, "We are hoping to have our first batch made and ready for purchase in March. The Evoke universal will replace the T15 once it launches. It uses the same driver as our custom Evokes/T3 which is a step up from what is used in the T15 and it can still be used with our pro moulds as custom tips. We will also be launching an Evolve Universal later this year which has the same drivers as the custom Evolve/T1."

That was an answer to my direct question on the T15 replacement (you'll probably be able to pick those up cheap now). Interested to hear about the full range though - PRO Impulse Universal, Evolve Live! Universal, Evoke Live! Universal, Evolve Studio Universal, Evoke Studio Universal (entry level).

The Revivo pictured in the first post by the way - it prevents moisture getting into the silicon and prevents damage to the drivers, and the new models have wax guards with a repellent coating that prevent any wax getting into the workings. Nice to see the product being refined generation by generation.

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #49 of 1,234
Another snippet...

"The universals will use the detachable linum cables . The cable is a bit different to the custom cable. The custom cable has a cable which is like 2 cables twisted together up to the Y joint whereas the universal will have a single straight through cable."

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #51 of 1,234
Does anyone know what sockets the Encore uses?

Feb 6, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #55 of 1,234
To be honest I'd rather they were rejected at this stage than face the disappointment of having then arrive and not fit. I got them done at Bloom Hearing in Ponteland (small place in North east England). The next impressions will be taken at Boots Hearingcare. The girl at ACS informs me that they know exactly what they're doing.

Feb 9, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #57 of 1,234
Already received tracking number...one week turnaround, that's impressive! 
biggrin.gif
o2smile.gif

Feb 9, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #58 of 1,234
Feb 9, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #60 of 1,234
Subbed. Even though I have 2 CIEMs now I'm always curious (prefer taking my silicone customs on the commute as the MG6 Pros are vented and let in too much noise on the Tube etc but miss their low end - wouldn't mind a compromise!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back