Acoustic Research M20 Coming soon
Apr 7, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #31 of 553
Very interested in this. Is there a release date yet?
Does anyone know? Will third party apps such as Tidal use the main circuitry or a lesser path? I read that many DAP's are optimised for playback of onboard.
A DAP that is optimised for streaming services would be brilliant.

Waiting on a release date too! 
Third party apps should and most likely will be using the main circuitry just speaking as I know the designer he is anal about sound quality and will not compromise it in any way at all if can be avoided. I will ask though and get back with a more concrete answer. 
Tidal with the new update should be running the same as the inbuilt player so will be a sweet combo. 

Apr 7, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #32 of 553
As far as I'm aware it should be great a friend of mine was using his Heir 10.A loved the sound it was a noisy environment but didn't complain about any interference. Also a bit more good news for those who were after a longer battery life the M20 should be getting a nice battery boost don't know exactly by how much but thinking in the region of an extra 5 hrs of play time. 

I think the battery life is pretty good on the M2 anyway!

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #33 of 553
Waiting on a release date too! 
Third party apps should and most likely will be using the main circuitry just speaking as I know the designer he is anal about sound quality and will not compromise it in any way at all if can be avoided. I will ask though and get back with a more concrete answer. 
Tidal with the new update should be running the same as the inbuilt player so will be a sweet combo. 

If that's the case I'm in.
Maybe won't even wait for reviews. I'm sure AR are not about to release a lemon.
High quality players for streaming are definitely the future IMHO.

Apr 20, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #34 of 553
Just stumbled across this --- I may have found what will be my first foray into the DAP world!

Is there anything more on US pricing and release date?

Apr 20, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #35 of 553
  Just stumbled across this --- I may have found what will be my first foray into the DAP world!

Is there anything more on US pricing and release date?

Do it gonna be oh so worth it! Finger crossed $699 for US no release date yet but if anyone is going to the HIGH END, Munich AR will be there with the M20. 

Apr 27, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #37 of 553
Is the M20 being released in Japan before the UK?
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1111487888871476&substory_index=0&id=570258149661122
Seems odd for a UK company.

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #40 of 553
Anyone going to Munich the M20 will be there... Also if anyone wants to hear the M2 at the same price as the M20 I know a friend 
wink_face.gif

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #41 of 553
Anyone going to Munich the M20 will be there... Also if anyone wants to hear the M2 at the same price as the M20 I know a friend :wink_face: .

When will the M20 be available in the UK?
Have any units been sent to reviewers?
Thanks for all your interaction here dnun8086. :)

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #42 of 553
When will the M20 be available in the UK?
Have any units been sent to reviewers?
Thanks for all your interaction here dnun8086.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hoping the back end of next month.... 
Not yet but as soon as samples come around they'll be trying to set up a review tour for the M2 and M20 for those lucky few who want to participate. 

Also no worries happy to help I love getting the info and getting it out there. This thing is going to be a tidy little beast! 

Apr 28, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #43 of 553
hope third party apps will work with mojo, and eq of players like neutron work as well with mojo

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #45 of 553
  Mojo? P.s love the Mojo lol but this be the M20 thread my friend also just about all third party apps will work on the M20 and M2. 

maybe one thing that will surprise u how many will use dap-mojo combo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back