Absolute best budget earbuds?
Jun 12, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #1,501 of 2,999
If it fixes the treble issues I will give it a try. Does the housing snap back together, or do you have to glue it?
Oh what i meant was ozkan's blue tack at the back of the shell mod. Not the one where u had to open the shell.

But yea u can just snap the housing out. There isnt any glue in between. Just note not to break ur driver!

Jun 12, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #1,502 of 2,999
PS the "Edifier H180" look 100% identical...are they actually different?

they are different sounding. to my taste, i prefer the Edifier H180 compared to the SHE3800..the SHE3800 have too much mid freq bump that annoys me, like the Qian39 (but on different freq). The Edifier have addictive bass, but the treble side is not refined.

Jun 12, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #1,504 of 2,999
Yes it says "Philips" on the bag but definitely "PHILPS" on the buds themselves. I checked all my 4 buds. My foam inside was also glued on the shell, and not (as I see on other pics) on the back of the drivers. I really suspect there are several types out there, for some reason I got the "bad" ones. (I got these from FT about 3 weeks ago). I mean they were very good as long as they lasted, but just the slightest "testing" eg. with some deep bass made the membranes "jump out" and broke them.

PS the "Edifier H180" look 100% identical...are they actually different?

They are not identical in both sound and shell. I find SHE3800 shell a bit more comfortable and if you look at the holes carefully on both shells you'll see the holes are in different diameter and shape.

Oh why don't you think the other way bro? You may have the SHE3800 limited edition. :deadhorse:

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #1,505 of 2,999
I've had a hard time finding something better than the standard iphone earbuds at prices less than $100, but granted i'm not as experienced as some others. But for 80 bucks new, the 1more tripples seem to be the biggest bang for buck i can find.

Jun 12, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #1,506 of 2,999
Here is my SHE3800 that I ordered from Fastech recently. Phillips is misspelled.

Does anybody have a different SHE3800? These look different than Uncle @golov17
IMG_20170611_170521.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #1,507 of 2,999
I've had a hard time finding something better than the standard iphone earbuds at prices less than $100, but granted i'm not as experienced as some others. But for 80 bucks new, the 1more tripples seem to be the biggest bang for buck i can find.

This thread discusses earbuds. The Tripples are in ear monitors (IEMs) . Difficult to compare earbuds to IEMs. The terms earbuds and IEMs are used interchangably pretty much everywhere (exept for 3 active threads on Head-Fi).

Jun 12, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #1,509 of 2,999
Jun 12, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #1,510 of 2,999

You shouldn't have ANY troubles finding something better, for a fraction of the price. $100 - you must be kidding, this would get you a life-time supply for yourself and your children and grandchildren :)

But of course it depends on your sound preferences:

Check VE Monk Plus ($5), from veclan.com (probably overall the "best"), SHE3800 from fasttech ($3.21), or these fake "SONY" MDR-E808+ which you can find on ebay or ali, or the Qian39 (also from ali) or the Vido. I bet that ALL of them should be better than the iphone buds? Myself I was only able to test the VE Monks and the SHE3800.

Jun 12, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #1,511 of 2,999
Here is my SHE3800 that I ordered from Fastech recently. Phillips is misspelled.

This is the stock version. I believe uncle modded his.

@flexy321 some said the H180 is much better than the SHE3800. And i forgotten which high end bud actually used the H180 drivers just that they retuned it somehow.

Jun 12, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #1,512 of 2,999
Its very subjective if u compare an IEM to an earbud. However i bet u that at $10, u can find an earbud that beats the 1more triples easily less the isolation. At $80 u can get close to a totl bud albeit needing more power.

Also, check out the chinese iem thread. There are some cool chinese iems that punch over its price. I remb there was a guy in my local forum who liked the 1more and said the Tennmak Pro is really good too.

Jun 12, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #1,513 of 2,999

Try the Urbanfun. this is less than 30 dollars and sounds great

Check VE Monk Plus ($5), from veclan.com (probably overall the "best"), SHE3800 from fasttech ($3.21), or these fake "SONY" MDR-E808+ which you can find on ebay or ali, or the Qian39 (also from ali) or the Vido. I bet that ALL of them should be better than the iphone buds? Myself I was only able to test the VE Monks and the SHE3800.

my personal pick would be (in order of preference) : Vido > Qian39 > SHE3800 > Monk+. haven't tried the Sony. other cheap favorite of mine are the Edifier H185 and H180

Jun 13, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #1,515 of 2,999

Did you rewire them?

Anyway be careful, as said my two blew already and I didn't do anything really extraordinary with them. I also haven't seen any other picture where it was misspelled, you're the first besides my own. Interested to see what's your experience with them.

PS: Re IEMs. I got my first IEM, a KZ ZS3 which otherwise got good reviews. I can't stand IEMs. I think them highly uncomfortable and "too isolating". The bass is good but only if I forcefully push them in, otherwise they also sound flat. But I can do that also even with my VE Monks. For my uses (gaming, VR etc. and casually listening to music) I think earbuds a lot more comfortable. Maybe for folks who listen to music often and long and WANT the "isolating" experience, and also for people who don't want buds falling it out when they run and for sports, then maybe IEMs are good. But I personally really don't like them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back