Absolute best budget earbuds?
Jul 25, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #1,714 of 2,999
After reading some pages on this thread, I want to buy some earbuds, so I ask your help: I want something good with rock and metal, from Dire Straits to Suffocation. I'm thinking of buying the DIY EMX500, but I'd like to know if there's something better in a similar price range (except for vido, 'cause I don't have the skill nor the patience to recable).
Thank you very much

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #1,716 of 2,999
Imo Seahf 150 is really good for metal, V Shaped with a very energetic sound. Kind of sharp sound. good for fast guitars and drums. And the price is low. However 150 ohm so you need a bit more juice than phone for it.
Eh, I think that 150 ohm is too much, but I should've say it before. Are the Seahf 32 similar?

Jul 25, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #1,718 of 2,999
Eh, I think that 150 ohm is too much, but I should've say it before. Are the Seahf 32 similar?
ty 32 quite thin sounding but very fast and crunchy for metal. More amping wouldn't hurt. Makes it better.

Jul 25, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #1,719 of 2,999
@Qualcheduno Don't let people make you think in order for the Vido to be decent you have to replace the cable, because stock it sounds great. It just apparently gets better with recable, then again there are those that believe recabling produces no noticeable changes. It's up to you to decide which camp you're in.

Jul 25, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #1,720 of 2,999
i think Seahf 32 is different, have more balanced sound sig, a budget all rounder... it will be OK but not the best synergy
Don't know what else to suggest sorry
So less bass and less highs? Well, I don't mind trading the perfect sinergy for a more balanced sound. Thank you for your patience btw.
ty 32 quite thin sounding but very fast and crunchy for metal. More amping wouldn't hurt. Makes it better.
Thank you, but thin sounding is a no in my book, I prefer a beefy sound to a thin one.
@Qualcheduno Don't let people make you think in order for the Vido to be decent you have to replace the cable, because stock it sounds great. It just apparently gets better with recable, then again there are those that believe recabling produces no noticeable changes. It's up to you to decide which camp you're in.
I don't believe recabling changes the sound either, but I don't like that cable very much, it looks fragile.

Jul 25, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #1,721 of 2,999
Well Seahf32 is more balanced but less resolution I think. I haven't heard the new ones.

Imo J Cable is better when on the go, put the cable under your shirt and dap in the pocket.
I do believe in cable improvement... but it's a very obscure science i dont know much about...lol

Jul 25, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #1,722 of 2,999

I am quite satisfied with the standard cable.

Jul 31, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #1,724 of 2,999
I'd think of nicehck diy pk2, very nice build as well. Yuin shell. but the seller already released a new model! Maybe it's better? oh it's so hard to keep up.
Sound is sweet mids, warm, very musical. Not a technical monster but excellent for casual listening. Good with the included donut foam and 200hr burnin.

Aug 3, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #1,725 of 2,999
At the moment I'm looking for an earbud for a friend. He own a stock zishan z1. Rather a basshead, likes warm and musical sound signature according to his words and listen mostly to fast electronic music. (Jungle, techno, but also dark ambient, weird blip bloop, etc you got it) but also pop and random stuff
Currently in love with monk+ I offered, he also use a beyerdynamic dt880 and some insane 4 speakers set up with rumbling bass in his 15m2 studio lol. thinking to get him the eb200 or the diy mx500. Not vido cos he is the careless kind of type. Need something really durable.

Looking forward your recommendations :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back