About to buy Monster Turbine pro golds. maybe copper?
Feb 14, 2012 at 2:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

khmaii

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone! A long time lurker here and would first like to say that this has to be the most helpful forum I have ever came across with a great community. So thank you :D

After a bit of reading, I came to the conclusion of purchasing the Monster Turbine Pro Golds, because I am sure they suit the music I listen to.(rap, hip-hop,rock, (and i know this is random but korean ballads)) And already own the original turbines.  I am looking for something like the original turbines but obviously better in every area.  I am a bass head and love hearing the low end rumble that some claim the IE8's do amazingly.  Although those are not in my budget.  Trying to stay 250 or under.  I would actually prefer to get the copper version which i know has less bass quantity and sounds a bit more balanced, but I just cant seem to find an authorized dealer who sells them for under 250. Some have purchased from onecall.com for 220 and even 180 but they seem to have discontinued them..  

So unless someone can help me out and find a authorized dealer who sells the copper for under 250 then I would most likely buy the golds for 180 from J&R. 
P.S. other recommendations on what you guys think will suit my style of music feel free to chime in!

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #3 of 18
What do you guys think of a refurbished IE8? http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-IE-8-Earphones/dp/B0012XFDWE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AYT5GHY66EE1F&s=generic&qid=1329214796&sr=1-1
ir

Pretty sure that's a fake.

Feb 14, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #4 of 18
Be patient. Prices continually fluctuate. Think of it like car shopping. If you lock onto one model, the dealer will screw you. Have four or five options. It's easy to buy a great pair of headphones, but so much more satisfying when they are purchased for a great price. Open box items from reputable dealers are a good option

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #5 of 18

Quote:
Be patient. Prices continually fluctuate. Think of it like car shopping. If you lock onto one model, the dealer will screw you. Have four or five options. It's easy to buy a great pair of headphones, but so much more satisfying when they are purchased for a great price. Open box items from reputable dealers are a good option

Your'e right about being patient... It's hard to do though if your'e an audiophile :frowning2:  

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #6 of 18
Coppers are great, you are right on the bass, less than both the turbine and turbine gold, but still a good amount. If you are patient, some good deals can be had in the classified section on this forum. They went on a bargain price at two different major outlets in canada, went around 140ish, just keep checking and hopefully you can score a pair. 

Feb 15, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #7 of 18
Just found some coppers on a craigslist ad and they are stated to be BNIB and comes with the receipt as well.. Also stated to be authentic.  I know these are always a hit and miss so I remember seeing the real vs fake thread specifically for the coppers themselves and was hoping I could immediately tell if they are authentic or not.  Besides that, is there some sort of unique number i can match from the receipt and the box? 

Feb 15, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #8 of 18
I am not sure monster has a product verification for turbines online, I know that they have them for the beats, but I am pretty sure not for the turbines. =/

Feb 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #9 of 18
Coppers especially waver up and down a lot. I got my pair for $200-ish from onecall on Amazon. I've seen them less than that and ~300 as well. Also, I would recommend not buying from anyone who is not an authorized dealer, without properly confirming if the pair is the real deal. There's a huge waste in spending ~$200 on a pair of IEMs and realizing that they are fake. Also, if they turn out to be fake and break down, monster will not replace/repair them for you.

Like what was mentioned before, Patience, young Padawan, you must have.

Feb 15, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #10 of 18
receipt always helps, but seller can still scam you, they can give u a legit receipt but a fake product ( keep the real, buy a fake, give an unknowing buyer the real receipt but fake product )
cover you grounds, there is a big thread here which compares fakes vs genuine, there are many details on how to spot a fake, plz do a search and read up on it
The fishy thing is, seller states BNIB, so seller may not want to open the plastic wrap, i totally understand that on their part as a seller, but as a buyer going through craigslist, you are going on pure trust, its pretty darn hard to tell just by a box, it becomes easy to tell when u can inspect the phones themselves, you kno what you can do ... Agree to meetup with the seller, give the seller your word that if u can open the box and inspect the goods you will buy given they are authentic, seller cannot really argue with that. 

Feb 16, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #11 of 18
These are pics of the box the guy sent me.. what do you guys think?

I couldnt really use the thread which compared the 2, since im from canada so the box is different since it needs to contain french descriptions

Feb 16, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #12 of 18
It's really hard to tell from those photo's. I couldn't agree more about fake items floating around. I simply avoid buying online for most parts especially when spending high amounts. It's a tough call if you're going to run the risk on these, Goodluck!

Feb 16, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #13 of 18
Well in canada, because of the boxing day sale, most people bought the MTPC from futureshop for $99 to flip a profit. So if they were bought from futureshop the chances of them being fake is kinda low. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back