about AK100
Jun 19, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #2 of 9
It's bit overpriced, imo. I recently had a chance to demo them at an iRiver store, and here are my quick impressions.
They look...cute. They are very small and portable. A major selling point.
However, the sound isn't worth full $600 tag. In Korea, they can be had for cheaper, so it's worth it, but for $600, it's a rather bad deal.

Why don't you look at Fiio X3 and X5. X5 should have sound quality that is better or on par with AK100 with cheaper price. The downside? It's not released yet. X3 should also be good.

What are you going to use ak100 with? What music file? What headphone? What amp?

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #6 of 9
Received my AK 100 a few days ago, and having a headache with it. Am using an iMac and wondering if there is a serious compatibility problem here. The download  of iRiver plus4 is only for windows. Or so it seems. Plus, the plus4 is nowhere to be found on the devise. I find their instruction book badly written, as well. The sound of the provided disk is marvelous. Hate returning it, but if I cannot find the answer to the problems I will be doing that. Help? Something obvious I am missing?

Jun 30, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #7 of 9
You cannot install iriver plus4 on mac. I've had the same issue. But in the end, what is the need of plus4? You can just drag and drop your music on to ak100 and do software update manually(it's actually much easier and quicker that way). If you need assistance on updating your device, go to http://www.iriver.com/support/download_view.asp?dNum=1076

But there really is absolutely no need for such software. AK100 is plug and play device, and doesn't require an software to connect to an computer.

Sep 19, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #8 of 9
Can you put playlists in order into the AK100?  I normally make a playlist of ordered songs and every couple days add them to my iPod.  I am wondering if this is possible with the AK100?  Does it take a long time to load the files?  The ipod does it pretty quickly on my system

Sep 19, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #9 of 9
  Can you put playlists in order into the AK100?  I normally make a playlist of ordered songs and every couple days add them to my iPod.  I am wondering if this is possible with the AK100?  Does it take a long time to load the files?  The ipod does it pretty quickly on my system

You need iriver plus software to make a playlist on AK100. It's not too bad, but it is harder than an ipod playlist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back