A starting point
Jun 12, 2010 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

blazingwheels

New Head-Fier
I apologize for having to create a post which is apparently quite ubiquitous in the forum but I'd appreciate some replies for some help I'm requesting.

(Speakers will be used for music listening most of the time only.)

I'm residing in Australia, and well I have a pair of srh440 for home listening and a pair of pl50s when I commute around. Thus I'm thinking of having a simple pair of speakers for private music listening at home. Nothing fancy, I'll be hooking them up to my macbookpro on a daily basis, with a budget of roughly AUD180 tops ( that's about USD150 ). As far as to stores I've been to, I could only sum up to a pair of Bose Companion 2 ( which isin't highly regarded in the forum ).

Possibly looking at purchasing something here, as international shipping would probably cost a lot anyways(correct me with site recommendations if possible :) ). As per recommended, I've got m audio's av30 and av40 respectively, with the latter slightly above my budget. Does av40 differ much from the av30?

edit: I've also looked into Behringer's ms20 and ms40s. Any feedbacks on 'em?

And from what I just read not long ago, swanspeakers are on the recommended list as well. Being a sucker for great soundstage, I'd like something which are controlled overall, nothing " in blasting in your face " for sure or blunt sounds.

Due to my budget constrain, I doubt i'll be able to fork out more for a pair of speakers. Thank you very much for your time and recommendations :)

p/s: I listen to all genres of music, but on my speakers, probably i'd go with more acoustic, classical etc, non hard hitting songs.( just probably some rock once in a while ). and also for some movies maybe,

Jun 13, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #3 of 5
Go to a pro music store and check out M-Audio Q40 , if they have them where you live, or any pro powered monitor speaker. They sell for $120-135 usd. 

Jun 15, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #5 of 5
AV40, yes...lol
I also have a Q40, and theres an AV 40 in the house, so i got confused...lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back