A rig for the girl friends house?
Mar 11, 2011 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

shipsupt

Headphoneus Supremus
No, not for her!  For me of course! 

I find that while I do like my portable rigs, and staying over with my girl gives me a chance to use them more often, I miss my home set ups when I am there!!  It's not that much different then setting up something at the office, right? 

Maybe that Little Dot I+ or Micro stack that hasn't been getting as much attention lately needs to find a little space at her place?  Would it keep me from wanting to sneak home in the middle of the night to be with my Woo? 

Or maybe the custom IEM's on the way will make all the difference and I'll want more time being portable?  Wait, I haven't even considered what source I plan to use.  So much to consider! 
tongue.gif

Anyone else in a similar situation? 

I haven't asker her about it, but I'm sure she's going to be really excited when I start moving some audio components into her space, right?

Mar 11, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
What is this "girl friend" that you speak of? Is it a new amp or something?

Actually it's a recomended component if you can get a decent model, but they are very inconsistent.  Careful about upgrades... commiting to a long term with one of these can be expensive!

Oddly I never see them on the FS/Trade forum?

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #5 of 9

Quote:

Actually it's a recomended component if you can get a decent model, but they are very inconsistent.  Careful about upgrades... commiting to a long term with one of these can be expensive!

Oddly I never see them on the FS/Trade forum?

lol

anyway i suggest speakers or something open, she may take offence if she perceives that your shutting her out acoustically

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #6 of 9
Yeah, methinks a decent pair of bookshelves with a decent integrated will give you a lot more enjoyment that you can share with the lady-friend than a pair of headphones and amp. It's freakin' adorable to listen to music with your girl.

May 19, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #7 of 9
Listening to music with your friends/girlfriend is, IMHO, one of the best experiences in the world. If you don't have a decent speaker rig, it would be worthwhile.

Also, I always keep two setups: one is my main setup, in my bedroom, which takes up about 4' x 3' x 4'. Then I have my computer rig, which is designed to stay simple: 0404 USB, Starving Student Millet Hybrid, Grado HF2s. I don't find myself missing my full setup so much, even with this mid-fi rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back