A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step
Sep 29, 2003 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

johnny sack

100+ Head-Fier
Just browsing through the Best Buy ad today...they have this album for $9.99.

If you don't have it yet there is something wrong with you! :p

(this album completely rocks, and is easily as good as Mer De Noms!)

Sep 29, 2003 at 6:41 AM Post #6 of 26
I really like this album, and I don't usually enjoy music like this.

I do think that it's probably a slow grower for people more into this stuff than I am.

And those kinds of albums usually last the longest
smily_headphones1.gif

(down with disposable music!)

Sep 29, 2003 at 7:13 AM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew-Spaltro
sound quality?

Excellent: better than any of Tool's recordings or Mer de Noms recording quality wise. I really, really like this album now, it definitely takes some time to grow on you.

-dd3mon

Sep 29, 2003 at 7:18 AM Post #8 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by dd3mon
Excellent: better than any of Tool's recordings or Mer de Noms recording quality wise. I really, really like this album now, it definitely takes some time to grow on you.

-dd3mon

I agree with you. It took a bit of growing on me, but now I must have it
evil_smiley.gif
The whole thing, beginning to end, is solid. ESPECIALLY Gravity. Wow. Wow...

Sep 29, 2003 at 6:33 PM Post #9 of 26
Ya I also like it a lot.
I have been listening to it a lot lately.
Quality on it is superb as well.

Sep 29, 2003 at 8:40 PM Post #10 of 26
Definitely first class album. The longer I listen to it the more I like it... perhaps even better than Mer de Noms... (although MDN is great on it's own record, of course)

See also this thread about it - http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=45408

Edit - I'm just listening now to Mer de Noms - just after listening to Thirteenth Step... Beyond comparisson, they are both great works, on the same level... I can't say I like one *better* than the other - they're just "different"
smily_headphones1.gif
as much as IMO they are not *better* or *less* than Tool - just "different"...>>>
smily_headphones1.gif
600smile.gif
280smile.gif

Sep 30, 2003 at 1:42 AM Post #12 of 26
Got my Amazon package and I have to say this album is growing on me too. I't not "Mer de Noms" but we wouldn't want it to be. The background sounds on some of the tracks (especially as "Blue" fades out and the opening of "The Package") remind me of Lateralus. It's heavy enough, all the elements that made the first album good are there. The recording is so good enough it's vaguely unsettling on a first listen! These guys can play, not just thrash- which sets them way apart from bands like The Deftones. I bought "White Pony" about the same time as "Mer De Noms" and I've played it maybe five times, total.

raif- I can't see the name twiggy in the credits inside the CD.

(what a surprisingly prominent load of crap from EMI right inside the front cover. "it's not your to distribute"... at least this CD doesn't have copy protection on it.)

WARNING - I got the USA version which does not feature copy protection. It seems all other markets do get the crippled version, so consider ordering through the head-fi link from Amazon.com.

Sep 30, 2003 at 4:40 AM Post #15 of 26
What is this copy protection cd stuff I have been hearing about?

is it true that it somehow only allows a cd to be copied 3 times?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back