A new high end player: Colorfly
Aug 29, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #17 of 356
In well known forum of ABI portal the news about the same subject had turned ugly.I recommend reading it,because it had turned ugly in many ways:the first- our portal Head-Fi had been attacked and invectives(idiots,wannabes) were used,also - our favourite device T51 aka flo:2 had been called trash by somebody who did not care to listen to it!Some flo:2 fan tried to defend flo:2/T51;the result? he has been banned from there;if you want to post anything there - use proxy and be ready for attack and retributions,the main perpetrator is present here and he clocked more then 2000posts!

Aug 29, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #18 of 356

Quote:
... and be ready for attack and retributions,the main perpetrator is present here and he clocked more then 2000posts!

Who could it be? 
eek.gif

rolleyes.gif

Aug 29, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #19 of 356

Quote:
In well known forum of ABI portal the news about the same subject had turned ugly.I recommend reading it,because it had turned ugly in many ways:the first- our portal Head-Fi had been attacked and invectives(idiots,wannabes) were used,also - our favourite device T51 aka flo:2 had been called trash by somebody who did not care to listen to it!Some flo:2 fan tried to defend flo:2/T51;the result? he has been banned from there

Yeah, that is an entertaining thread. I found the aggressive tone towards head-fi unnecessary, it's rarely (if ever) useful to offend people you disagree with. However, I did not have the impression that this flo:2-defender was banned for defending the flo:2 - he was banned when he went completely overboard, comparing his opponents to Nazis etc.

Aug 29, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #20 of 356
Quote:

Yeah, that is an entertaining thread. I found the aggressive tone towards head-fi unnecessary, it's rarely (if ever) useful to offend people you disagree with. However, I did not have the impression that this flo:2-defender was banned for defending the flo:2 - he was banned when he went completely overboard, comparing his opponents to Nazis etc.

Pretty childish of The Dark Side on that forum to call people on Head-Fi idiots because he disagrees with someones opinion. Tells more about him than about those he calls idiots.

Aug 29, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #21 of 356

Quote:
In well known forum of ABI portal the news about the same subject had turned ugly.I recommend reading it,because it had turned ugly in many ways:the first- our portal Head-Fi had been attacked and invectives(idiots,wannabes) were used,also - our favourite device T51 aka flo:2 had been called trash by somebody who did not care to listen to it!Some flo:2 fan tried to defend flo:2/T51;the result? he has been banned from there;if you want to post anything there - use proxy and be ready for attack and retributions,the main perpetrator is present here and he clocked more then 2000posts!

Not sure what is going to be achieved by doing that? 
confused_face_2.gif

There is an anti- hifiman, anti-flo:2 going on down there, but I don't see anything wrong with having an opinion- which is based on RMAA graphs btw, so I guess they have their reason. 
plus, I think the same can be said about here in head-fi to a point. there is way too much superlatives going on here about being best, greatest SQ in DAP etc. with hardly any substance. point in case, look at your own post. "our favorite device T51 aka flo:2.." when did this become our favorite?
confused_face_2.gif

I think post like that make it easy to attack head-fi. I have lost count of how many times seeing hifiman 801 being the greatest and 602 the second best etc. What?? as far as i can tell hardly anyone has heard how the 602 sounds.. just by association its become the second best in SQ...
It may well turn out to be a great DAP but I think some people are way too eager to brand something without actually hearing it - this goes for the others too that make assumptions just by looking at graphs. though theirs is mostly about the use of "audiophile" terminology rather than the SQ of the DAP itself.

Quote:

X2

Aug 29, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #22 of 356

Quote:

Hmmm, I don't think it's me.  I thought perhaps I was sleep-posting in another forum.

Aug 29, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #23 of 356

Quote:
Pretty childish of The Dark Side on that forum to call people on Head-Fi idiots because he disagrees with someones opinion. Tells more about him than about those he calls idiots.

He wasn't calling everyone here idiots.....he was referring to one person that happened to post here.

Quote:

Which "main perpetrator" are you referring to? There are quite a few members of both sites, you know. And as far as the guy who got banned from ABI goes, see  the quote below....

Quote:

Quite right.

Aug 29, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #24 of 356
The concept of basing SQ totally on graphs is pretty silly and DFKT always seems to have it out for Chinese based players, he won't even listen to them before writing them off and crowning a sansa player better. I don't care how good sansa players measure I had a fuse + and it sounded weak, thin, and boring. My old zune30 even sounded better than the fuse. In my opinion graphs should be used as a basic guide for potential serious problem but anyone trying to tell you that listening to a device that doesn't measure well is a waste of time is too biased to be reliable in reviews. Graphs simply do not tell you how good something sounds and until science catches up with every possible aspect of SQ it never will.

I'm always on the search for something better, if a player comes along and trounces the SQ of the SFLO:2 at a reasonable price I will gladly get it. I will certainly keep an eye out for some of these higher priced players and see if their SQ jump is worth the price. But I certainly won't just dismiss them as frauds until more information come out on them and I have read several impressions from  people  that actually listen to them and not just look at some graphs.

Aug 29, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #25 of 356

x2 as much as I like dfkt's reviews, his views on DAPs seem way too biased to have much credibility.
Quote:
The concept of basing SQ totally on graphs is pretty silly and DFKT always seems to have it out for Chinese based players, he won't even listen to them before writing them off and crowning a sansa player better. I don't care how good sansa players measure I had a fuse + and it sounded weak, thin, and boring. My old zune30 even sounded better than the fuse. In my opinion graphs should be used as a basic guide for potential serious problem but anyone trying to tell you that listening to a device that doesn't measure well is a waste of time is too biased to be reliable in reviews. Graphs simply do not tell you how good something sounds and until science catches up with every possible aspect of SQ it never will.

I'm always on the search for something better, if a player comes along and trounces the SQ of the SFLO:2 at a reasonable price I will gladly get it. I will certainly keep an eye out for some of these higher priced players and see if their SQ jump is worth the price. But I certainly won't just dismiss them as frauds until more information come out on them and I have read several impressions from  people  that actually listen to them and not just look at some graphs.

Aug 29, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #26 of 356
Actually, most here are biased and refuse to accept test data now, as it conflicts w/some individuals "golden ears".

And btw, I'm The DarkSide on ABI, and I didn't call anyone anyone an idiot here, I was referring to the idiocy of the thread - if any of you here took it out of context I apologize. I like head-fi and it's members, I'm a head-fi'er, I choose to be here as I like the company.

Aug 29, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #27 of 356
This thing isn't anymore expensive than the HFM801. How do the internals compare to those used in the 801? I think it looks sweet! I could probably never afford it, but I would love to audition one.

Aug 29, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #28 of 356
I do like the Colorfly looks as well.  Mate it to some Grado RS1s or 225s and set yourself apart.  I don't usually like retro but this just works IMO.  So when's the 50% off sale?

Aug 29, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #29 of 356

Quote:
Actually, most here are biased and refuse to accept test data now, as it conflicts w/so.e individuals "golden ears".

And btw, I'm The DarkSide on ABI, and I didn't call anyone anyone an idiot here, I was referring to the idiocy of the thread - if any of you here took it out of context I apologize. I like head-fi and.it's members, I'm a head-fi'er, I choose to be here as I like the company.

Test data simply has no bearing on how something sounds to a particular person using particular headphones. I'd rather go through a thread of dozens of people describing how they think a player sounds to them using various headphones then look at a freaking graph. Graphs and Data simply cannot tell me how something sounds. All the tests and data in the world won't change how something sounds to my ears using my headphones listening to my music. I can accept any test data look it over and say yeah awesome so how does it actually sound?

What am I supposed to do when a player that tests great but sounds bad to me? How about when a player tests like crap but sounds good to me? No test or graph is going to make me put down or pick up a player just because it tests a certain way.

The fuse tests great but sounds like crap to me, there is nothing to accept, no scientific data can over ride my enjoyment or lack of enjoyment of a player.

Aug 29, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #30 of 356
Geez, graphs are just a tool people.  They don't explain everything and they aren't worthless either.  I would always prefer to have more information than less.  The problem is the weight and importance you give to something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back