A MicroRendu Holiday Story
Dec 17, 2017 at 2:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

lcasadonte

100+ Head-Fier
I want to start by saying I have been a professional in the service industry my entire career. I know what good service is and in todays world it is sorely lacking. I had an issue caused by MY hardware and the folks at Small Green Computer worked with me for a month to get it working supplying additional hardware and expertise until we got a combination that worked. Andrew and Jesus answered emails at all times of the day and night, took control of my computer and generally went way out of their way to help me. We just don't see that customer service anymore and I highly recommend Small Green Computer. A real big shout out to Andrew and Jesus from Small Green Computer for helping make my Holidays musical.

I bought one of their black friday specials with the microrendu and booster power supply to work with my Lynx Hilo. Out of the box it didn't work, mainly because the lynx is linux based and multi channel on top of that. After lots of frustration with the mr being seen and not seen on my network and roon, the issue was because of the dac (lynx) not being seen properly by the mr to work with roon. I tried using a passively powered spdif converter but that didn't work and then tried the Ultra Digital Converter which was powered and finally got the lynx to work via a coax connection.

The microrendu is definitely a step up in sound quality over other media players that are rpi based and probably many more above that. Its quiet, crisp and clear. Wide soundstage with lots of detail. I could immediately hear a sound difference over the computer I was using via usb over cheap speakers on my hutch. The powered Ultra Digital played better with the microrendu with a linux dac for anyone else coming down this path. If you are a roon user, the microrendu is a perfect endpoint coupled with a nice power supply. I now have the audio quality i want in my office without the wires with the roon integration.

Happy Holidays everyone and a special thanks to Andrew and Jesus at Small Green Computer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back