A long time(2010) Denon D5000 owner needs advice/direction on new cans.
Sep 3, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #16 of 18
I can't believe the price on these T5p's. Normally they sell for more than the T1 on Head-fi, but this one is going for $650. Unreal. It's definitely a good candidate for your needs. Check it out.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/717184/beyerdynamic-t5p-sealed-reference-class-headphones

Pay no attention to the connector. If it has issues, send it to me to replace for $5 plus shipping costs. 

Sep 3, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #17 of 18
I have the HE560 and while it's a great headphone it's probably too bright compared to what you are used to.  It also doesn't require 1W of power like what people are saying, most desktop amps can drive it and I've gotten good results using portable amps.

Sep 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #18 of 18
  I can't believe the price on these T5p's. Normally they sell for more than the T1 on Head-fi, but this one is going for $650. Unreal. It's definitely a good candidate for your needs. Check it out.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/717184/beyerdynamic-t5p-sealed-reference-class-headphones

Pay no attention to the connector. If it has issues, send it to me to replace for $5 plus shipping costs. 

Hey thanks man, looking around a bit, it looks like the t5p is basically the t1 but closed-ear style? Gonna do some more reading, regardless appreciate the link. And the very nice offer, Ill see how things proceed in the next few days. Perhaps you will be getting a PM from me about that connector offer!

I have the HE560 and while it's a great headphone it's probably too bright compared to what you are used to.  It also doesn't require 1W of power like what people are saying, most desktop amps can drive it and I've gotten good results using portable amps.

Thanks for the input man, Ive read a lot about the hifimans they seem very popular right now. I guess 1 big reason Im looking hard at the them is that 1 of my roommates who owned the HD650s really wants a pair of hifiman400s, convinced they are the next best thing. So he has piqued my interest also lol.

repped for the help guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back