A little about the Campfire Audio Jupiter
Dec 27, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #316 of 347
Resurrecting this old thread.

Are many still using these?

I've got them coming tomorrow, a used set here in the UK. Always been a bit curious about the Campfire's but a lack of a Euro/UK outlet makes it difficult and expensive to give them a spin.

If it's the set off a well known auction site, good on you! I was very tempted myself! Wish there was a UK stockist.

I managed to get my Orions from Audiogarden in France, but while they're amazing as a shop, French postal service is abysmal!

Dec 27, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #317 of 347
If it's the set off a well known auction site, good on you! I was very tempted myself! Wish there was a UK stockist.

I managed to get my Orions from Audiogarden in France, but while they're amazing as a shop, French postal service is abysmal!

It was that set but through AVforums so cheaper than his eBay price.

Dec 27, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #318 of 347

I've got them coming tomorrow, a used set here in the UK. Always been a bit curious about the Campfire's but a lack of a Euro/UK outlet makes it difficult and expensive to give them a spin.

There is a lack of focus/dip in the upper mids that can sometimes sound disjointed from the lower mids but otherwise these are possibly the best quad BA iems I've ever heard.

Dec 30, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #319 of 347

I would be but the mmxc connecters are cutting out, probably due to me sleeping with them campfire want a silly amount of money to repair them
They were a fun listen with great trebble, bass and cross country imaging , but now I am on the oriolus mk2

Dec 30, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #321 of 347
Overshadowed by the likes of Andromeda and Vega probably. Had I not tried the Jupiter I wouldn't have tried the rest if the campfire line so I still have great respect for it.

Dec 30, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #323 of 347
I would be but the mmxc connecters are cutting out, probably due to me sleeping with them campfire want a silly amount of money to repair them
They were a fun listen with great trebble, bass and cross country imaging , but now I am on the oriolus mk2

Tried some Deoxit and different cables already? If you decide to junk them shoot me a PM, I'd consider buying as a DIY project.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #324 of 347
i tried using window cleaner, and i went back from a new ted allen back to stock it was ok for a little bit and the left one is now fine but the right has sond cut outs and i have to find the right position i dont know what i am goin to do yet shoot me an offer if u like

Dec 30, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #326 of 347
i would prefer if i could fix them myself, do you know how i would go about doing this?

I don't think window cleaner would quite do the trick and also you want to be careful what you use to not damage the insulating materials that keep the two poles seperate. Something like the normal non-solvent nonconductive liquid Deoxit that comes with a brush or needle applicator would work much better since you can put a small amount to coat the male mmcx and then connect the cable. Of course it might not help if the socket is just worn out or the female pin part has lost its tension.

As to reparing a damaged socket I don't know what the proper procedure for this would be but it looks like the shell is split around the connector and held together with some type of tri-wing screw (possibly some glue in there too), so I would try to find the right type of bit and open it up. The socket itself looks stuff I've seen on digi-key, if you can find a matching part probably wouldn't be too much trouble to solder in a replacement- and if that doesn't work out probably could find a way to more destructivly hack something together.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #328 of 347
Prices don't seem too unfair if you aren't the original owner- DIY repair if you have to buy all the gear & spend time learning just for one job probably wouldn't save much money (check out EEVBLogs on youtube for some good tutorials) - but if you have a local electronics shop or radio nerd friend might be able to get them to do the soldering.

No idea what that connector looks like on the inside, might not even be soldered component, but from the outside it looks like a pretty standard part such as https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/molex-llc/0734150963/WM3786CT-ND/2421674

Can always go sideways though. Would definitely make sure the cables work on other IEM and then try deoxit before sending to repair or attempting DIY.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #329 of 347
thats 500 aud for a shell that should have been made properly in the first place?? and $150 aud to fix some thing that to cost would be no more than $5?! I think they must be sniffing all the glue down at alo, but that's just me. As a chef food costs for a dish is in hopefully around 35% realm and it has to go out properly the first time or it comes back and you fix it at your own cost, you also potentially loose a customer.
Thats what I call fair.

Thanks for the link though !! I am thinking If I could open it , I would find a loose connection so maybe no need for replacement :) I have by your advice ordered some deoxit $38 aud, if this doesn't work I will look for the key that opens them and have a squiz.
I have original and after market cables both brand new and both no joy ,, the original has a tight snap and only cuts out on the right
The aftermarket FBI litz cable crackles and cuts out on both has a sloppier fit- terrrible.
will be looking at a ref 8 for my other iem soon

my only other iem right now is the oriolus which is not a bad thing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back